gilles9999

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 04 February 2009 - 10:39 PM

Hey guys I post it here, because i'm sure the "XPort Projects" readers are going here too.
I said before i would release the Project Mayehm III skins for zsnexbox (to have all your emulators with the same "uniform" feeling. Especially if XBOX media center is your dashboard (i hope it is).
And... i am bored everyone pm me if the "dynamic PM3 snes9xbox skin" can work with zsnexbox grr.gif
So here it is "sort of" dynamic skin (with a lot less flexibillity than the xport emus (even if you know how much i love the nes6502 work).

PM3 skins pack 8 in 1 by Gilou9999

IPB Image

From the readme:

Put the "bg_1.wma" in the ,root of the skin of your choice
(or copy/paste it in the root of the 8 skins if you want; be sure it is named "bg_1.wma", and all will be fine, you'll hear the music; i have also put 2 other songs from my friends of www.grospixels.com if you want another bg music)

- The border will display your videos in thne correct snes ratio

- If you put all the 8 skins in the skins directory of zsnexbox, you will see a preview in the General User Interface of zsnexbox (in the gui config/skin config)

- The real interesting thing about these skins is:

THEY WILL LAUNCH YOUR SNES ROMS WITH THE CORRECT PIXEL RATIO!!!!

(the zsnexbox game screensize is stored in the skin config; if you want to be sure you have the correct snes pixel ratio, launch your skin again, it will work).No more distorded and crappy graphics while playing mario or zelda!

- The only difference between the sdtv and 720p settings is: the text is bigger in hd, the boxart/border are stretched to have the correct ratio while displayed on a hdtv.

See you later, if i have time, i'll release the "unreleased zsnexbox skin" started by Neverwill, remember?
I haven't worked on it, but i don't forget it,and i have the neverwill psd files, it will help!

Edited by gilles9999, 04 February 2009 - 10:41 PM.

#2 Mega Man (?)

Mega Man (?)

X-S Genius

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 04 February 2009 - 10:55 PM

Awesome Gilles! love.gif

Thank You! biggrin.gif

#3 Slapaham

Slapaham

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 11:25 PM

Nice! I'm going to give these a whirl when I find the time (4months down the line knowing me!)
smile.gif Great work!

#4 DarthMingus

DarthMingus

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 12:08 AM

Thanks!

#5 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 03:54 PM

Thanks Gilles,

I was hoping you'd put something like this out for everyone. I will definately check it out.

I think in the end I will probably stick to one of Neverwills on this (HOPING YOU DO A DUAL PREVIEW SOMETIME SOON!!!!!!)

Until working with you and madmab and mm? on the XPORT emus, ZSNESXBox was my favorite emu. In many ways, it still is my favorite emu (Maybe because personally the Neverwill Metroid skin is my all time favorite). There's so much that it has going for it.

Well... that and I tested all the roms on it and only used XPORT's as an afterthought when I found out it plays 25 games that ZSNESXBox doesn't (quite impressive, actually!).

After we give it our treatment, it will be hard for me to let it go. I think I want to distinguish it from the XPORT emus, and put some Neverwill dual-preview skins for it and maybe even request that people who made great single preview skins for it turn them into dual previews for us too.

But great work and I love the ability to change it so they're all uniform if I wanted to someday, and that anybody who prefers that now can do it.

Looking forward to your Neverwill dual-previews very much....

Later,
~Rx

#6 nate1579

nate1579

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 242 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 05 February 2009 - 08:26 PM

thanks giles any chance for a surreal skin lol

EDIT:
japense titles are out of place on dual big

there trying to be under the video

little magic
magic knight rayearth

Edited by nate1579, 05 February 2009 - 08:37 PM.

#7 Mega Man (?)

Mega Man (?)

X-S Genius

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 02:48 AM

Hey Gilles

I am using the SDTV "PM3 big dual by gilou9999" skin.
The box art on most seems to be squishing too thin with added black bars on top and bottom.

The weird thing is that some don't do this, (but I think most do) I don't remember this happening previously with my neverwill skins. I also checked the images themselves. They don't have this space at the top and bottom.

This is causing the images not to fill out the space, and view the boxart at its intended dimensions. unsure.gif

Any Ideas?

EDIT: Gilles, You know I am in love with your work, love.gif Regardless... but is there any chance of you releasing versions of this with the menu screen that has an image of the "US SNES"? (opposed to the super famicom) Every time I show some one this, they don't know what it is, because, we are use to the SNES.

Thank You

Edited by Mega Man (?), 26 February 2009 - 03:02 AM.

#8 DarthMingus

DarthMingus

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 05:43 PM

Thanks, these skins are fantastic!

#9 gilles9999

gilles9999

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 08:34 PM

THX;
The black bars appears because yoou haven't "cropped" your pics,
Can you tell me if the problem occurs when you are showing an "in game "screenshot?
Be aware, i don't have jap boxarts, so you have to set the jap boxart manually in the gui options

#10 gilles9999

gilles9999

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 08:45 PM

Only because it's you megaman (?)
Copy/paste it, it should work

IPB Image

#11 Mega Man (?)

Mega Man (?)

X-S Genius

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 09:06 PM

Thank you so much Gilles! love.gif biggrin.gif

and... AHHH... You're right. The images themselves have the added black space.

huh.gif Hmmm, I am using the RXtras and
most of the box art has this case. I looked at the ones from emumovies (where I am sure was the source for most of them) and this doesn't seem to be the case. Perhaps Rx's .jpeg to .png converter did this?

Edited by Mega Man (?), 26 February 2009 - 09:08 PM.

#12 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 04:02 PM

I replied to the other thread first before reading this. Perhaps I did release this pack without fixing it. Oh well.... I was eventually going to go back to SNES and NES and redo the artwork packs and make sure the right artwork matched the 0001, 0002, 0003, 0004 standards that I perfected in the Gameboy emu. I'll just have to fix it on these.

I don't remember seeing this problem when I was playing, but I was probably too dazzled by the videos combined with Neverwill's amazing Metroid skin to notice it. (Not knocking your awesome skins at all here Gilles, it's just that yours are a bit more subdued and dark so it would be easier to spot this problem on your skin)

Plus, when I released the SNES stuff I was just beginning my journey here so I'll chalk it up to inexperience and a deep feeling for the need of haste since it seemed like an insurmountable task at the time. Now that I'm over the hump (ahem.... Gameboy) I feel a lot better about the time I have remaining on this project as a whole. (The synopsis is a different story, but I'm happy now with just making all of the headline information for all Xtras-included games accurate for the sort/filter and hope others fill in the blanks and do the body work down the road)

So....... Who can show me the best artwork available for the NES and SNES within the next 36 hours? I'm willing to fix both of these sets before I go back to work.

~Rx

#13 edjinfor

edjinfor

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 04:24 PM

Tem como postar um pacote com todos os skins deste poster, já que o camarada criador é um gênio, outra coisa este skin do nosso irmão Gilou9999 suporta resoluções, 1080i, 720p e 480p...Obrigado a atenção..

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Its post a package with all the skins of this poster, as the creator is a genius buddy, another thing this skin of our brother Gilou9999 supports resolutions, 1080i, 720p and 480p attention ... Thanks ..

#14 zomgasia

zomgasia

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 11:59 AM

Unfortunately, megaupload is dead, so the link that gilles9999 posted is no good. Could somebody please re-upload this skin or point me to a place where I can download it? Thanks!

#15 Ash123

Ash123

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 01:31 PM

Hi can you upload this pack again please?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users