• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Joec00I

Joec00I

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 11:16 PM

A short time ago after ftping some trainers, my dashboard would not boot up, only reset itself repeatedly. Later friend of mine decided to format my c partition from the xenium menu. When i boot now i get an error 16 msg. Now when I try to ftp, my hard drive connects, but no files are visible. when i try to transfer files from my computer to the xbox, its states the files have been transferred but nothing is visible on the hard drive. Did i lose all my files? If not can I re-install my dashboard without deleting my other files? Please help

#2 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 06 February 2009 - 12:03 AM

Some friend!!!

Apparently there's a bug in Xenium ftp that means it doesn't show drive contents, but they are still there. Start with the basics - get hold of a stock c dash (from Slayers or CASH) and ftp that to your C drive. That should let you boot up with the chip enabled or disabled, and get rid of the Error 16.

If that doesn't work, try booting with Frosty's (or Slayers/AID) and ftp the stock C across that way.

Once that's done, do the same thing again, but transfer your preferred dash - I'm guessing that's Evox, as you've posted this in the Evox section.

#3 Joec00I

Joec00I

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 11:09 AM

Thanks!

Unfortunatly, Im having a tough time finding Slayers so I cant try it out yet. Its been awhille since ive searched. There is an option on the xenium menu to restore the hd to retail. Will that have the same effect?

#4 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 02:08 PM

Will that have the same effect?
I doubt it.

You need to Google for Slayers 2.7 final torrent.

#5 Joec00I

Joec00I

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 10:03 PM

Ok, Found 2.7. Made and an ISO and burned it using Nero at the slowest speed, but its not booting up.
whats wrong?

PS I really appreciate your help

#6 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 12:21 AM

With Slayers you shouldn't need to make an iso - it comes as a RAR file containing SlaYers_EvoX_Auto-Installer_v2.7FINAL.exe. You run that (password is sevx2.7) and it extracts an iso, which you then burn to a DVD-R.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users