• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jsamsung

jsamsung

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 11:55 PM

Hi all how is everyone today ,i want to add a hdmi port to the back of my xbox360 and i just need one thing
i need the pinouts off the video connector pins under the motherboard
translated in to hdmi port connection pinouts the names of each pin differs from the name of the pins on the xbox360 so can someone translate them for me and anyone else that might need this informaton thanx

#2 supersdude1691

supersdude1691

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 118 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 12:21 AM

HDMI is a digital signal. The regular xbox 360 (without hdmi) outputs an analog signal. Madcatz makes an adapter that converts the analog symbol to HDMI, try and give that a shot.

#3 jsamsung

jsamsung

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 12:28 AM

boss i was thinkin bout that actually but i want to add a hdmi port for the hell of it lol i know about the signal being differnt but i believe theres away to get this working i dont have to get 1080i out off it as long as i keep geting my 1080p im fine (or vise versa i think) just want to limit cables and use my componet ports for other things thanx in advance

#4 Millerboy3

Millerboy3

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,030 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 06 February 2009 - 12:41 AM

QUOTE(jsamsung @ Feb 5 2009, 07:04 PM) View Post

boss i was thinkin bout that actually but i want to add a hdmi port for the hell of it lol i know about the signal being differnt but i believe theres away to get this working i dont have to get 1080i out off it as long as i keep geting my 1080p im fine (or vise versa i think) just want to limit cables and use my componet ports for other things thanx in advance

1080p is higher than 1080i last time i checked... anyway you cant just do that. the non hdmi console is not capable without an adapter is what i think he is trying to say. because of the signal difference digital/analog

#5 StrictPuppet

StrictPuppet

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,296 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 06 February 2009 - 01:28 AM

A homemade adapter is nearly impossible, but definitely impractical.
If you are interested in the Madcatz adapter, I did a mini review on it a while ago... http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=671792

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users