Photo

Will Pcb From Hitachi V47 Work In V59/78/79 Drive?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 SSJToo

SSJToo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 06 February 2009 - 03:13 PM

I need to pickup a new Dvd drive for my 360. It currently has a Hitachi V47 Drive in it.
If i buy a New Hitachi Drive with rom v59/78/79, can i take my old drives pcb and install it in the new drive instead of having to flash the new drive?

#2 GeToChKn

GeToChKn

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 06 February 2009 - 05:58 PM

Yup. Easiest way to do it is to swap the PCB board. Then there is no reflashing, no spoofing.

#3 MODMANMIKE

MODMANMIKE

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 05:59 PM

yes did one last nt 47 to 59 smile.gif

#4 nathanrazo

nathanrazo

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 06:22 PM

i posted a similar question in the newbie forum but this may answer my question.

i was asked to help someone out, they have something like a 3 year old xbox, they told me it is hitachi drive. never been modified, drive died and needs to be replaced.

i have spare hitachi drive that works, it was flashed with xtreme, but box it was in got rrod and i just set it to the side.

so if i take the pcb off their drive and put it into my drive, thats it? doesn't matter what version each drive is? never thought of doing that.

is this right?

#5 jp35

jp35

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 06 February 2009 - 10:39 PM

QUOTE(nathanrazo @ Feb 6 2009, 01:58 PM) View Post

i posted a similar question in the newbie forum but this may answer my question.

i was asked to help someone out, they have something like a 3 year old xbox, they told me it is hitachi drive. never been modified, drive died and needs to be replaced.

i have spare hitachi drive that works, it was flashed with xtreme, but box it was in got rrod and i just set it to the side.

so if i take the pcb off their drive and put it into my drive, thats it? doesn't matter what version each drive is? never thought of doing that.

is this right?

that's correct

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users