• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 InterWeberNet

InterWeberNet

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 08:14 PM

My brother has an original Xbox and went down to Best Buy to renew his live account (they had 12+1 cards on sale for $29.99) which dies next month. He went online to type in the code from the card and found that it says online "Xbox 360 console subscription codes are designed specifically for the Xbox 360 console and are not compatible with the original Xbox console. However, original Xbox subscription codes can be used on an Xbox 360 console." So I guess my question is has anyone actually tried inputting the code to see if it will extend their account on an original Xbox? He doesn't want to open the card and scratch the card until he knows it will work for sure so he can still return it if he needs to.

#2 InterWeberNet

InterWeberNet

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 07:15 PM

Nobody knows the answer to this? Well how about if it doesn't work when he inputs the code online could I then use the code on my 360 or would it be worthless at that point?

#3 scttyb69

scttyb69

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 11 February 2009 - 08:53 PM

if it denys your code, than the transaction is still vaild.

so you could use it on your 360

#4 InterWeberNet

InterWeberNet

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 08:59 PM

Cool. We'll try it later today and report back if it worked or not.

#5 InterWeberNet

InterWeberNet

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 08:20 PM

Looks like it worked fine. He added the code to his account online and it now shows he has a Live Gold account starting today. Weird that it changed the date of his account since previously it showed he already had a gold account. Anyway if anyone else is contemplating getting a pre-paid card for their original Xbox it works fine. Can't believe this question doesn't come up that often since there are still a ton of old consoles in use.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users