• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 kazkaminari

kazkaminari

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 01:15 AM

HI I got a xbox 360 recently and its the new model called jasper... what I was wondering is... is it really over the problem of the rrod with this model since it runs at 12,5v??.. Also reading some of the tutorials on the xclamp replacement all of them seemed to agree that on older models there was a bad pressure of the xclamps over the motherboard since they do it over the "wrong" points bending it in a way that doesnt prevents the baller points from distancin of the gpu or cpu chips.... so my question is for the rbjtechs... the wilhems and the other guys who seem to enjoy fixing the screws up of MS... is it any difference in this matters on the jasper, so those of us who are owners of one jasper can relax on the RROD matter?!!
uhh.gif

#2 Grim187

Grim187

X-S Freak

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,662 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 14 February 2009 - 03:36 AM

do the as5 upgrade, slightly bend out the x-clamps (so they apply more pressure) and 7v the fans.
with that you shouldent have any problems with rrod.

im assuming we are going to see just as many problems with the jasper as we have with falcon (which is growing by the day), stock that is.

#3 sdeens2009

sdeens2009

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 57 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 15 February 2009 - 04:10 AM

the jury is still out on Jasper so don't modify it yet....the thing has a 3 year warranty anyway, and MS is fully aware oif the problem, so let's see just how effective they now are.

#4 kazkaminari

kazkaminari

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 11:49 PM

[quote name='Grim187' date='Feb 14 2009, 04:12 AM' post='4433176']
do the as5 upgrade, slightly bend out the x-clamps (so they apply more pressure) and 7v the fans.
with that you shouldent have any problems with rrod.

im assuming we are going to see just as many problems with the jasper as we have with falcon (which is growing by the day), stock that is.

HI I was wondering.... How much can I bend out slightly the x clamps?? do I have to take them out?? AND I only know about the fan modificaction from the current 5v to 12v... Where do I get the information on this modification?? Im only familiar with HYBRID team xclam fix so if you could give a link or something I would be grateful..... AND since you pointed out at falcons having problems are you talking on from your experience or others, since Im related to a local video game store and there hasnt been any problems with the models dated on the last year....
THANKS A LOT

#5 fokia

fokia

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 132 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 07:11 PM

Well, the major jasper feature ain't the voltage but the 65nm GPU (at last!). Hopefully, this GPU wont overheat as much as is 90nm cousin tongue.gif

The upgrade to AS5, shroud mods, x-clamps replacement and such are always good prevention measures but your messing with your warranty, you know...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users