• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 murauder

murauder

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Interests:Music, computers, electronics, internet, technology, guitar, writing, video games, outdoors and guns
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 14 February 2009 - 08:55 PM

ok so i know this is probably a noob thing to ask but i have been reading and reading and trying and trying to get this right. i have followed the tutorials and such but with no luck.
im trying to ftp between my 2 xbox's to get some files (duh). with out having to put them on the computer then over to the other xbox.
i can ftp into either of them with flashfxp at any time i want easy no problem. and at the same time. it wont however, let me transfer from one to the other.

also tried using xbmc xbftp and dvd2xbox set the same settings i use on the pc you know IP port 21 user/pass = xbox etc.
it wont connect with any of the programs on the xbox. and in flash fxp it will copy the folder but none of its contents.

any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
im using a router with your standard ethernet cables.
is there a setting in the router perhaps i need to change?

#2 Nillows

Nillows

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 04:08 AM

connect both xbox's up at the same time (like you would if you were ftp'ing to them) then go to the file explorer on one of them, press start and go to FTP browser (or something like that) then hit the Right trigger to go to the right side, press start again and select add site, then name it whatever, ip is the other xbox's ip that you are currently not using pass is xbox and so is username...this is how it is done with unleashx at least

hope i helped

#3 rashid420

rashid420

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 02:22 PM

QUOTE(murauder @ Feb 14 2009, 01:47 PM) View Post

ok so i know this is probably a noob thing to ask but i have been reading and reading and trying and trying to get this right. i have followed the tutorials and such but with no luck.
im trying to ftp between my 2 xbox's to get some files (duh). with out having to put them on the computer then over to the other xbox.
i can ftp into either of them with flashfxp at any time i want easy no problem. and at the same time. it wont however, let me transfer from one to the other.

also tried using xbmc xbftp and dvd2xbox set the same settings i use on the pc you know IP port 21 user/pass = xbox etc.
it wont connect with any of the programs on the xbox. and in flash fxp it will copy the folder but none of its contents.

any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
im using a router with your standard ethernet cables.
is there a setting in the router perhaps i need to change?

I have tried using XBMC FTP to transfer across two boxes. But transfer craps out after a couple of hours. This is quite consistent. I dunno if it is because both of my XBox'es are wirelessly on my home network using WRT bridges.

I also tried SmartFTP and xlFXP to initiate file transfer from my PC between the two XBox'es. While each tool can simultaneoulsy connect to each XBox, as soon as I start transfer, either software suddenly has problems sending receiving FTP commands to the XBox.

It is indeed quite lame to have to transfer everything from XBox to the PC and then back to another XBox. I am at a point where I have to do either that, or try bringing both XBox'es up to the room where my router is and physically connect both to it. That sucks even more I think.

QUOTE(Nillows @ Mar 23 2009, 09:00 PM) View Post

connect both xbox's up at the same time (like you would if you were ftp'ing to them) then go to the file explorer on one of them, press start and go to FTP browser (or something like that) then hit the Right trigger to go to the right side, press start again and select add site, then name it whatever, ip is the other xbox's ip that you are currently not using pass is xbox and so is username...this is how it is done with unleashx at least
hope i helped

Okay I tried this using XBMC. How do I do it using UnleashX. Should I go into File Explorer first and I will be able to connect to other XBox? I didn't see any "FTP client" menu in UnleashX.

Thanks in advance for any clarification.

#4 gasclown

gasclown

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 02 July 2009 - 01:49 PM

Use Avalaunch with static Ip's and your problem will be solved.

Plus, bonus, you'll get the maximum 11 000 KBps. Much faster than any other solution.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users