Photo

Mkv4xbox - Convert Mkv For You Xbox360. Mac Style.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Fragreaver

Fragreaver

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 01:50 AM

Hi,

I developed a mac osx-application over the weekend for all the apple users who are jealous because of gotSent smile.gif

How it works

Setup

1. Double-click the Setup-File. You'll be prompted for your password. Enter it, since it'll copy all necessary codecs and files to /Library/Application Support/MKV4XBox360/

2. Drag MKV4XBox into your Application and run it

Use

a) drag the mkv in the file window

cool.gif click in the target window and drag your target-folder in it. A directory named mkv4xbox360 will be created and this is where the magic happens smile.gif

c) select your desired audio bitrate (though I'm not sure if the 360 supports up to 320kbps wink.gif

d) select your fps (you can enter values yourself if the presets don't suit you

e) select the audio quality. 44100Hz is a good way to go.

Currently MKV files over 4GB won't be splitted, even if there's a checkbox for it.
This will be implemented later this week (when I finally get a goddamn desk!)

You better have growl installed coz there's growl support and I don't know how the app reacts without it wink.gif

Attention
I noticed that in some mkv files the audio-track is the first and the video track is the second track.
You'll get an error if you try to convert them. This issue will be fixed in v0.2 smile.gif

This software is beta - bugs may occur! I'd love to have some feedback and suggestions smile.gif

njoy people smile.gif

CODE
Todo
# code cleanup
# add option for splitting files
# gui cleanup
# volume bar
# icon
# select mkv tracks
# support for subs
# translation

#2 thoughton

thoughton

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 12:24 PM

Hi Fragreaver!

Firstly I want to say thanks for the great app. I've been using it for ages, and it works beautifully and is damn fast.

However I just updated to Mountain Lion, and mkv4xbox is broken sad.gif It prompts me to install X11, which I did, but then after that gives a bunch of Applescript errors. Any ideas how I can fix it?

Thanks!

(Here's hoping that your email address hasn't changed in the last 3 years, and you have reply notifications turned on biggrin.gif)

Edited by thoughton, 31 July 2012 - 12:25 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users