X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 17 February 2009 - 02:14 PM

Whoa!!!
Using XBMC is like breathing. We need it all the time, otherwise we die.
I can't imagine myself without my XBMC, hell yeah.

And I also hope for 480i/480p 4:3 support.

Thanks Black Bolt!
Best,
Cospefogo.

#32 phrozenfeonix

phrozenfeonix

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 305 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 17 February 2009 - 06:07 PM

Another one to the "Everyday" crowd.

The bedroom TV runs a HALO 1 LE (green) xbox, xbmc @ 480p

The living room HTPC runs 720p XBMC.

My PSP is modded up to be used specifically for an XBMC remote, that we take back and forth between the living room and bedroom, although sometimes we'll just use our laptops. I love XBMC and the web remote if anyone's wondering. What's the best part? the psp works better for an xbmc remote than a Remote Play attachment for the PS3...

#33 tsaavik

tsaavik

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 08:02 PM

Another XBMC user here. I play movies via component @ 1080i up converted. (because i can) tongue.gif

I don't see ANYTHING that duplicates the functionality of XBMC. Don't let the idiot fan boys get you down, they are just pissed their $400 investment results in a crappier media center then our dinosaur XBOXs.

#34 edwinmcdunlap

edwinmcdunlap

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,796 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 17 February 2009 - 10:14 PM

Glad to see this skin still exists smile.gif
I still use XBMC on my Xbox almost daily, and Ellipsis looks like it'll be a nice addition.

Edited by edwinmcdunlap, 17 February 2009 - 10:15 PM.

#35 zx6r6

zx6r6

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 11:06 PM

Looking forward to trying out this skin, certainly looks good!

Me and my family are daily users of xbox xbmc and have many scattered through the house, we'll be using the xbox's for years to come! High def video is a very small trade off considering everything else it can do. Xbox's are cheap as chips, tv unit friendly, quiet (depending on fan), can emulate other platforms and play games ALL with the minimum of fuss and configuration. You turn it on and it works. I know plenty of people with high def capable tv's but none of them overly bothered about high def content, myself included. I don't think developers realise just how popular the xbox version of xbmc is, to date I've yet to meet another person who uses the linux, win or osx port of xbmc!

#36 -Gadget-

-Gadget-

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 11:35 PM

just to say i am also another everyday user,

use it to watch all my TV episodes i get, as sky+ just int for me...
have two of um, if we aint watching films or ghost whispereer etc downstairs me icle girl uses hers everynight to watch episodes or "charlie and lola" or animated films etc ...

we tried using the 360 (we have one) but just never seems as good as xbmc, always files its picky with or goes outa sync etc...
but xbmc works everyday everyfile flawlessly

thanks to all invovled

#37 d*rock

d*rock

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:My Girl, Graphic Design, Snowboarding, Music, Xbox, Computers, Drawing, Movies, Comic Books
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 18 February 2009 - 06:20 PM

It is never to late to release a great skin for XBMC! Since the day I modded my Xbox 3 years ago I don't think there has been a day gone buy that the TV was on that the Xbox wasn't. I hope that other people discover what a powerful program it is, and how great it can look and function with awesome skins like MC330.

We have waited with anticipation for Ellipsis for what seems like forever, and I am sure this elegant looking skin will not disappoint!

#38 0794

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,095 posts
  • Interests:medicine, engineering, Jeeps, technology, automobiles, and just about everything...
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 19 February 2009 - 01:44 AM

I, too, use XBMC almost daily. In fact, I just installed it on my AppleTV last night and currently actually prefer it vs Boxee for that hardware since it connects better to my network media server.

I would welcome another clean, professional skin and appreciate all the work you guys have done - esp since this is time taken away from your "real" lives.

Thanks...

#39 A:I

A:I

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 103 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 19 February 2009 - 02:17 AM

That 'Heros' screenshot looks so damn sexy. I have full seasons of prison break on my XBMC box and Ellipsis should be sweeeeet. Will the background be configurable for each program/series etc?

I currently use the MC360, but as i haven't used the xox for serious gaming at all in the past year/s, Ellipsis looks much more media-orientated and less cluttered. Awesome.

Edited by A:I, 19 February 2009 - 02:19 AM.

#40 mbay

mbay

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 05:10 AM

I'm very excited about this!

#41 yadster

yadster

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 116 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 20 February 2009 - 01:06 PM

Looking forward to this skin, looks very very nice. I use my xbox and xbmc nearly every day and as I live in the UK I download a lot of US TV shows. The xbox has a 300gb hard drive so I transfer everything across so I can watch at my leisure when I want, no faffing with streaming, tversity etc. As well as tv and movies there's a load of mp3s and lots of retro games as well. So I doubt I will be getting rid of my xbox anytime soon. I have a PS3 and that doesn't come close to xbmc, the only advantage it has is that it plays blu-ray and the latest games. I hope this skin does get released as it looks perfect as I have a lot of tv shows in seperate folders. I'm currently using Horizonz which looks nice but if you don't have thumbs for every single episode it starts to look fugly.

#42 pepper453

pepper453

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 03:22 PM

Wow, glad to see so much progress since last NOVEMBER.
This is the DNF of the XBMC world.
I'm not holding my breath. muhaha.gif

#43 cricri_pingouin

cricri_pingouin

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 21 February 2009 - 03:50 PM

QUOTE(pepper453 @ Feb 21 2009, 03:58 PM) View Post

Wow, glad to see so much progress since last NOVEMBER.
This is the DNF of the XBMC world.
I'm not holding my breath. muhaha.gif

Oh yeah, a free project that hasn't delivered in 4 months, unacceptable right?
Let me think about any project that got finalised in 4 months: the housemate eventually changing the toilet paper roll, the neighbours complaining about the skip, me having a shower. Yes, you're right, many things happen in 4 months. DNF has been announced 12 years ago, I can't even imagine how you find the comparison suitable. That's like saying "your roller skates suck, I've seen cars going at 200mph+".

I don't even know why I bother replying, you're probably being anal just to get some attention and I'm making your day.

Back to the skin, I told the wife about it, and since we've only got a 20" TV, there's another customer in the house waiting for me to install the skin biggrin.gif

*EDIT* since she's not a narrow minded xxxx, she only expects to see it when it's ready.

Edited By Blackbolt: to save you from ban.

Edited by Blackbolt, 22 February 2009 - 12:46 PM.

#44 maui917

maui917

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 01:42 AM

I've got three xbox's on 3 different Tv's (all SD 4:3) all streaming from a 2TB server, and I've used it daily for years, my kids don't even know what regular TV is...

Just bought a new Samsung HDTV this past weekend, and was using media stream. Now that I'm actually pumping out full 720p with an HD component cable, media stream is chewing up all my memory. So I'm on the hunt for a new skin that looks great and isn't a memory hog....

Hope this looks great at 61" 720p smile.gif

#45 Blackbolt

Blackbolt

Skin God

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts
  • Interests:Graphic Design
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 24 February 2009 - 04:06 PM

QUOTE(maui917 @ Feb 24 2009, 01:18 AM) View Post

I've got three xbox's on 3 different Tv's (all SD 4:3) all streaming from a 2TB server, and I've used it daily for years, my kids don't even know what regular TV is...

Just bought a new Samsung HDTV this past weekend, and was using media stream. Now that I'm actually pumping out full 720p with an HD component cable, media stream is chewing up all my memory. So I'm on the hunt for a new skin that looks great and isn't a memory hog....
Hope this looks great at 61" 720p smile.gif

Welcome to HD!

The skin does look good in HD, we're just today planning out our new website and when it launches, I'll have a few more shots, in full resolution, of the skin running. It will give you a better idea what you can expect when we release the first public beta.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users