Power Supply Troubles

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dizzyhimself

dizzyhimself

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:bodyboarding, motorcycles, fishing, and as much gaming as possible!!
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 16 February 2009 - 06:44 PM

please help me. i am an australian living in the philippines and have been sent a u.s. version xbox 360 elite by my sister in law from cali.
the outlets over here are 220 volt and my xbox is 125 volt. i have had no problem using my step down converter until recently i returned from a night of clubbing to find one of the house maids took it upon themselves to try out the xbox and plugged it directly into the outlet and subsequently blew my power supply. i went to a gamecore outlet and discovered they only have 220 volt asian power supplys available. however the wattage is the same at 175 watts. my question being is it safe to run my 360 on the 220v/175w power supply or will it fry my xbox eventually and cause me even more problems?
all help and information will be much appreciated.
thanks for your time ppl.
regards.
dizzy
unsure.gif unsure.gif unsure.gif sad.gif sad.gif

#2 RDC

RDC

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,789 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 16 February 2009 - 08:07 PM

All of the 360 power supplies output the same 12v with a 5v standby, so as long as the Wattage rating is the same or higher you can use the 220v one, and really should have been from the start. wink.gif

#3 dizzyhimself

dizzyhimself

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:bodyboarding, motorcycles, fishing, and as much gaming as possible!!
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 16 February 2009 - 09:49 PM

Thank you so much mate!! I was worried i was going to have to wait 2 months plus to get a new one shipped,
now i only have to wait a week.
The surf is terrible during feb/march and theres not much else to do on the island so the 360 is my main source of entertainment and sanity.
Your a champion RDC!!
Happy gaming!!
Regards.
Dizzy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users