• Admin
  • 5,201 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 16 February 2009 - 06:52 PM

Xbox 360 definitely leads PS3 in Europe, says Microsoft
Posted by XanTium | February 16 12:52 EST | News Category: Xbox360

From gamesindustry.biz:

Chris Lewis, VP for Microsoft's Interactive Entertainment Business in the EMEA region, has told GamesIndustry.biz that he's very clear on exactly who has the console lead between Sony and Microsoft in Europe - and he says that the third party numbers prove it.

According to data from GfK Chart-Track, says Lewis, the Xbox 360 is ahead by "approximately 1 million units" across Europe, the Middle East and Africa - a common grouping of territories, although Sony tends to talk about PAL regions instead, which also includes Australia and New Zealand.

But regardless of that, and the recent confusion surrounding the next-gen console leadership - after Nintendo - he's definite that Microsoft is beating Sony in the UK and mainland Europe.

Full Story: gamesindustry.biz

#2 HellBoyBell

HellBoyBell

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 16 February 2009 - 08:51 PM

Not sure if this has ever been mentioned, and im sorry if it has. But, surely the 360 is always gonna outsell the PS3 due to the fact its easy to mod, copy games and generally play online with pirate backups. Lets face it, thats always gonna be a factor with the 360. I aint played my 360 for about 8 months, and have since bought a PS3. Im happy in tthe knowledge that everyone i play online with has actually had to pay their hard earned money for the game they are playing, and not just downloaded the game off some torrent site and burned to a DL disc.

Please dont start a flame war towards me, its just my opinion. Im not saying that everyone does that, as there are alot of people who backup their originals to preserve their discs. But theres a hell of alot of people who take advantage of the 360's mod scene.

Like i said, my opinion, just wanted to say.

#3 g8crapachino

g8crapachino

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 09:10 PM

QUOTE(HellBoyBell @ Feb 16 2009, 08:27 PM) View Post

Not sure if this has ever been mentioned, and im sorry if it has. But, surely the 360 is always gonna outsell the PS3 due to the fact its easy to mod, copy games and generally play online with pirate backups. Lets face it, thats always gonna be a factor with the 360. I aint played my 360 for about 8 months, and have since bought a PS3. Im happy in tthe knowledge that everyone i play online with has actually had to pay their hard earned money for the game they are playing, and not just downloaded the game off some torrent site and burned to a DL disc.

Please dont start a flame war towards me, its just my opinion. Im not saying that everyone does that, as there are alot of people who backup their originals to preserve their discs. But theres a hell of alot of people who take advantage of the 360's mod scene.

Like i said, my opinion, just wanted to say.

That may be your opinion, but it's still wrong. The 360 is not outselling the Ps3 because of backups. People who Mod, copy, and pirate games only account for a small fraction of people who play video games and there are certainly not enough to maintain any kind of sales lead. Yeah, it may be nice and comforting for pirates to make believe they are in a majority and helping to keep market shares, but the truth is not. If any game company actually had to depend on piracy to maintain a lead they would have gone out years ago.

The more realistic reason why the 360 is outselling the PS3; it had a head start, has more games, and is cheaper....which are pretty much the same reasons why consoles in previous generations had their leads.

Edited by g8crapachino, 16 February 2009 - 09:28 PM.

#4 irnchriz

irnchriz

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 148 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 16 February 2009 - 09:33 PM

As long as Sony keep the price high on the PS3 they are going to lag behind Microsoft. That and the fact that there are very few must buy titles for the PS3.

I have a 360, Wii and PS3 and have 2 games for the Wii, 6 games (and 11 Blu-Ray movies) for the PS3 and 56 games for the 360. There are literally no games which have been announced for the PS3 so far in 2009 that interest me at all and I get all my multiplatform games on the 360 because of Live and my friends.

Saying that, my 8 year old son loves LBP and has made loads of levels which are amazing (Kids imaginations can help make some mad stuff in LBP)

#5 tbb033

tbb033

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 352 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 16 February 2009 - 09:49 PM

the recent confusion surrounding the next-gen console leadership - after Nintendo

What confusion? Unless someone's delusional, it's fairly obvious that 360 is ahead of PS3.

But, surely the 360 is always gonna outsell the PS3 due to the fact its easy to mod, copy games and generally play online with pirate backups.

If piracy alone made systems popular, Dreamcast wouldn't have crashed & burned. You didn't even need to mod it to play backups.

#6 spoone

spoone

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 16 February 2009 - 11:02 PM

QUOTE(tbb033 @ Feb 16 2009, 10:25 PM) View Post

...Dreamcast wouldn't have crashed & burned.

...and it shouldn't have.
dreamcast forever !!!
beerchug.gif

spoone

#7 wassco

wassco

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 12:52 AM

360 has more units sold....

how many ppl have purchased more then 1 360 cuzz there original broke.... (i for one know at least 30+ ppl personally that have had to do this...)

out of the all the people that own a ps3 that i know... i think 1 or 2 have broke... and were replaced within the week by sony....not a month+ like they waited for there 360's

sony = good product
M$ = Gimpy Product

and the person stating the 09 lineup of ps3 games dont seem that good... to me the 360 games seem less lackluster... i could care less bout halo franchise, its old, kill the horse and find something new...

and l4d is great...i admit... but its also great on my computer... so no need to waste buying it for a console...

and most of the most played online games on the 360... um...are also available on the ps3... (call of duty 4/5)

LBP is a great game, too bad the majority of the ppl that bash it are just uncreative, there used to games that tell them what to do..guidlines must be followed... same old shit... instead of YOU telling IT what to do...and how to act and perform... its in a class all its own, no game can compare to LBP.... thats why its unique

#8 trentdadi

trentdadi

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 04:39 AM

You may like LBP, but it's sales figures say its a bust.... You may prefer ps3 exclusives over 360 exclusives but the majority of the time, the 360 exclusives are what sells better.

I also think that you are stepping out of line when you tell us that we dont like LBP because we are uncreative. I could always say you didn't like Halo 3 because you weren't any good, and looking at your stats, it wouldn't be far from the truth...

and most of the most played online games on the 360... um...are also available on the ps3... (call of duty 4/5)

For one, the most played game on the 360 is Halo 3. And two, CoD4 and 5 are ruined due to cheats and glitches, and it is much worse on PSN. That is something you will never find in Halo 3.

#9 rscarrab

rscarrab

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 05:09 AM

QUOTE(wassco @ Feb 17 2009, 12:28 AM) View Post

how many ppl have purchased more then 1 360 cuzz there original broke.... (i for one know at least 30+ ppl personally that have had to do this...)

out of the all the people that own a ps3 that i know... i think 1 or 2 have broke... and were replaced within the week by sony....not a month+ like they waited for there 360's
sony = good product
M$ = Gimpy Product

and the person stating the 09 lineup of ps3 games dont seem that good... to me the 360 games seem less lackluster... i could care less bout halo franchise, its old, kill the horse and find something new...

and l4d is great...i admit... but its also great on my computer... so no need to waste buying it for a console...

LBP is a great game, too bad the majority of the ppl that bash it are just uncreative...

-30+ ppl? why not say 50+ ppl? sounds better doesnt it?
I smell bullshit. Either that, or you mingle with a bunch of un-informed "gimpy products" that never heard of a warranty.

-I couldn't care less for Halo either, never did. I fail to understand how some people (like yourself) think those that own a 360 carry around flags adorned with Master Chief. Halo 3 was mediocre which sounds like 'sweet nothings' compared to what others i know say about it when asked.

-Call of duty 4/5 are out on the PC. Why don't you buy them for the PC since you seem to think that buying it for a console is a waste of money (when confronted with a PC alternative)?

Wassco, would you be happy if we all sold our 360's, bought a recession lovin' PS3 and sodomised it's dusty shell for 10 years inevitably dooming console trends to a --forecast-- 10 year life cycle? Your right! Who needs innovation!

Shall i exile my friends lists and VoIP for a sub-par last minute knock off that injects revision updates like heroin to keep up with the competition? Your right! Im throwing my iPhone in the bin and going back to symbian hang screens!

Must i wait for the 73rd beta version of Home to be tested only to find out what i knew all along... its the software equivalent of an impudent flacid penis? Your right! I'll see you in my virtual living room where we can sit and have a virtual cup of 'this sucks balls'.

Maybe ill say fuck every genre of game (except sandbox) and play LBP till i realise that it's getting just as boring as garry's mod, which i've already played to bits. (for the record i think LBP & gmod are good games, its just that sandbox style can get tiresome).

So what?

You got RROD'd one to many times?

You played LBP and got one of the biggest erections of your life and now you want to share your 'splooge' with everyone?

[Popcorn anyone? pop.gif]

#10 wassco

wassco

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 06:18 AM

I didnt say lbp was for everyone... ppl hate scrolling games, or just the way it looked could turn ppl off, stop re-arranging my post to sound like im sporting a lbp rant... and i was never into halo, hence my *stats* for the same reason you prefer your games over the the ones i prefer...

so troll elsewhere kiddo!

you wasted 1/2 of your post talking about shit noone brought up, making your post just as diluted and pointless as im sure you thought mine seemed!

its all personal preference.

#11 ynwa

ynwa

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 03:14 PM

QUOTE(HellBoyBell @ Feb 16 2009, 10:27 PM) View Post

Im happy in tthe knowledge that everyone i play online with has actually had to pay their hard earned money for the game they are playing, and not just downloaded the game off some torrent site and burned to a DL disc.

Im happy just playing online. Couldnt care less whether the people im playng with are using downloaded games or if they are using orignial bought games. It makes no difference to my online gaming so why does it make any difference to you?

#12 rscarrab

rscarrab

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 03:57 PM

QUOTE(wassco @ Feb 17 2009, 05:54 AM) View Post

I didnt say lbp was for everyone... ppl hate scrolling games, or just the way it looked could turn ppl off, stop re-arranging my post to sound like im sporting a lbp rant... and i was never into halo, hence my *stats* for the same reason you prefer your games over the the ones i prefer...

so troll elsewhere kiddo!

you wasted 1/2 of your post talking about shit noone brought up, making your post just as diluted and pointless as im sure you thought mine seemed!

its all personal preference.

You sir, wasted ALL of your post and the saddest part being that you were trying to prove a point.

Most of the shit that I brought up had to do with what YOU said but most of what YOU said had hardly anything to do with what was previously mentioned.

Wassco, get back in your hole and wait for a similar topic to arise.

And when that happens we can all play another game of 'whack-a-mole'.

EDIT:

Do you really expect us to believe that you know 30+ people personally, who all bought a new 360 cause they're original broke? I'm straight up calling you a liar.

Edited by rscarrab, 17 February 2009 - 04:02 PM.

#13 Whisp V1

Whisp V1

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 17 February 2009 - 04:06 PM

Ironic. Wassco you tell him to stop trolling when you infact come onto a xbox website to read news about it and then just talk about how bad it is. You should start your medication by turning around and pointing the finger at yourself.

Edited by Whisp V1, 17 February 2009 - 04:07 PM.

#14 rscarrab

rscarrab

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 04:18 PM

QUOTE(Whisp V1 @ Feb 17 2009, 03:42 PM) View Post

Ironic. Wassco you tell him to stop trolling when you infact come onto a xbox website to read news about it and then just talk about how bad it is. You should start your medication by turning around and pointing the finger at yourself.

True that.
Whisp is giving you some sound advice that others like myself might feel you don't deserve.

#15 ynwa

ynwa

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 05:39 PM

QUOTE(wassco @ Feb 17 2009, 02:28 AM) View Post

sony = good product
M$ = Gimpy Product

Why didnt those 30+ people send their 360s back to MS? Are you saying they went and bought new ones because MS take so long to fix them (which they dont anyway in my experience)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users