• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 g0dM@n

g0dM@n

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 06:13 AM

I am trying to hook up an Xbox 360 Arcade to my Acer X213WBD 21.6" LCD 1680x1050 monitor.

I've tried doing HDMI to DVI, and the monitor tells me "INPUT NOT SUPPORTED"

I'm now trying the VGA HD cable (I have 2 from long ago since before HDMI came out for the 360), and even that doesn't work!!

What do I do?

This 360 console is normally used on my brother's 37" 720p monitor. I figured it's still set to 720p, but this Acer 1680x1050 should still be able to display that.

So I've tried HDMI to DVI, and also VGA... Why does this ACER monitor not display anything and tell me the signal is not supported? =/

P.S. Someone asked me, so I'll answer: YES, I've selected the correct display mode on my LCD menu. Both the VGA port with the VGA cable doesn't work, and the DVI port with the HDMI-DVI cable doesn't work. sad.gif

Edited by g0dM@n, 18 February 2009 - 06:31 AM.

#2 g0dM@n

g0dM@n

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 09:05 AM

I have no idea why, but all of a sudden it's now working on the DVI port on the monitor, but instead of using an HDMI to DVI cable, here's what I did.

HDMI from the 360 to the HDMI input on a 3-in-1 HDMI switch. From the HDMI switch I have coming out an HDMI-DVI cable and going into the DVI input on the monitor.

And finally I got the 360 on the LCD.

It still makes no sense why the VGA doesn't work... oh well.

thanks anyway.

#3 Reese Kaine

Reese Kaine

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 14 April 2009 - 10:55 PM

I was having the same issues for awhile (VGA not supported), and wound up buying a 21" LCD monitor, sending it back for a new one, BUYING ANOTHER ONE (Because ACER doesn't do refunds. Bastards), and ripping out what's left of my hair.

My old 13" LCD had no problems whatsoever, and that led me to wonder why, and so I fiddled with the resolutions, and I got my answer: The 360 doesn't fully support 1920x1080. So I scaled back to 720p and poof!, there it was.

So if you have an older monitor, plug your VGA cable into that so you can scale back the resolution, otherwise, you're screwed.

Also, I've been reading customer reviews on Newegg, and it turns out that ACER hasn't totally figured out how to implement HDMI support on their screens.

Yeah. :-P

#4 MillerJamesD

MillerJamesD

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 04:46 AM

When you connect an xBox 360 to a TV with HDMI for the first time, the xBox 360 often defaults to the highest resolution it can produce. For many TV's this may be too high. You may receive a message like "UnSupported" or "Not Supported" or "UnSupport", etc. So you cannot see the xBox 360 menus, but you will probably hear the boot up sounds, and menu ticks/clicks. If you ask people that aren’t intimately familiar with this specific problem, they’ll tell you to check the HDMI cable, the 360, etc. Don’t listen to them.

The solution to this problem is to blindly navigate into the Display settings to change the display resolution to something that your TV can display.

Here’s a step by step guide:
1. Connect your 360 to your TV with the included composite (Yellow, Red, White) cable .
2. Ensure you're running the new Xbox dashboard (Avatars support).
3. Ensure no profile auto-sign's in at boot up.
4. Power off 360 and TV. Connect the HDMI cable between them.
5. Hold down the controller's xBox button for 3 seconds to power on, and wait for about 20 seconds.
6. Press right on the (dpad) left analog stick 9 times, to navigate to the System Settings menu.
7. Press the A button 4 times. (This will go to System Settings, Console Settings, Display, HDTV settings.)
8. Press up twice on the (dpad) left analog stick. Press A.
9. If no picture appears, wait 15 seconds, Press up again and press A. What you are doing is selecting lower display resolutions. Once you have a picture, you can try other higher resolutions, if you want, and it will revert back if you don't confirm it is ok. The 360 will remember the setting you finalize.

Troubleshooting: Power off both 360 and TV. Switch back to the composite cable. Try steps 1-7 again to verify it is navigating correctly. If your profile is auto-logging in, the 360 will start on the “Welcome” tab, rather than the “Play Disc” tab, in which case, you would have to press up once, before the 9 rights, to get to the System Menu. (The end.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users