Jump to content


Photo

Problem With Cddissect


  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 DarthMingus

DarthMingus

    X-S Senior Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 07:15 PM

Hello,

I fired up CDDissect today for the first time in a few months so that I could rip the remaining PC-Engine CDs I have to work with the Xbox via the hard drive. Now, this worked great during the summer and I ripped dozens of games, including my entire Sega CD collection. Of course, today, it did not...

I keep getting the following error:

"Could not read TOC... aborting"

Now, I have the newest Daemon Tools (4.30.3) installed, as well as the most recent Adaptec ASPI Layer (4.71.2) and my CUE sheets are in order. I'm frustrated and very annoyed because I can't figure out why this is happening, especially since it worked perfectly before and everything appears to be in order.

I have my "virtual drive" set to letter E. My actual DVD drive is set to drive letter D.

If anyone can offer any suggestions, it would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks!



#2 DarthMingus

DarthMingus

    X-S Senior Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 07:41 PM

Also, I just tried this site's suggestions to no avail...

http://radified.com/ASPI/forceaspi.htm

Any suggestions would be appreciated... :/

#3 DarthMingus

DarthMingus

    X-S Senior Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 09:08 PM

I found a solution called TurboRip. The application is linked below:

http://wiki.scummvm..../HOWTO-LoomTG16

Apparently, it was CDDissect that inspired the creation of this app. (Its mentioned in the Read Me.) Anyway, it seems to work fine. Still can't figure out why CDDissect stopped working...

#4 DarthMingus

DarthMingus

    X-S Senior Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 10:25 PM

I feel like I'm having a conversation with myself...

Anyway, I figured out a way to use CDDissect again. I disabled my physical DVD drive and CDDissect then worked. I did recently replace my DVD-R, so I guess its possible the new one is causing some sort of conflict.






0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users