#1 Hasi22

Hasi22

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 09:02 PM

Hello guys!
You are my last chance I think.
I have got an X-Box 360 wich originally had the E74 1LOD error. I heatgunned the GPU-Ana Area and made an X-Clamp fix(Hybrid Version). Now I have got the 0020 Error. I took the whole box apart again and Heatgunned everything again -> with no success.
Here is what I tried:
Heatgunned CPU,GPU,Ram from both sides.
Tried to adjust the X-Clamp
Checked for loose Capacitators
Checked for missing parts

Now I have some questions: How do I know if some Parts are missing? I mean there are A LOT of empty soldering points with numbers beside them. How do I know wich part should be there and wich one wasnīt there on factory setup. I also notices 2 caps wich are VERY VERY little blown at the top? Are they destroyed?

Hope someone can help me or maybe someone has a HQ Pic of the MOBO so I can check my parts

#2 humboldt111502

humboldt111502

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 147 posts
  • Interests:Repairing/Modding xbox 360s. Contact me if you need help with yours.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 19 February 2009 - 11:05 PM

first you should figure out what revision of the motherboard you have, then look at pics of the same one you have and look for something missing. usually its pretty obvious when something is broken off and u will see the solder kinda jagged looking. the spots that microsoft intentionally didnt solder to will be nice and smooth. as far as the caps u say might be blown......if you showed a pic, it would be easier to tell if they were ruined or not.

Also you might want to look at the ramchips and gpu from all sides to see if you can see any ruined solderballs that might either be not making contact, or are bridged. Make sure the ramchips are not completely flattened against the board, this means all the solder bridged together most likely.

here is how to tell what revision you have....

http://360drives.com/howto

#3 Hasi22

Hasi22

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 11:14 PM

Ok I have The Xenon Version.

When I check for missing parts there are a lot of solter points with a little white line between them. Does that mean that these points are not used? That would help me a lot.....

This is a f**** problem becouse I can heatgun as much as i like as long as i dontīt know if there are some missing parts. Especially when getting 0020 error

You wanna see something funny??
THIS is how the GPU looks like when it comes straight from Microsoft:
IMG_0057_1.jpg (1.5 MB)

Maybe you can have a look below the CPU where the 4 dots are. There are 2 parts and one missing(the lowst)
And right of the big yellow cab the first resistor is missing,too. But they have these white line between the solder points

Edited by Hasi22, 19 February 2009 - 11:23 PM.

#4 humboldt111502

humboldt111502

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 147 posts
  • Interests:Repairing/Modding xbox 360s. Contact me if you need help with yours.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 20 February 2009 - 12:27 AM

QUOTE(Hasi22 @ Feb 19 2009, 11:50 PM) View Post

Ok I have The Xenon Version.

When I check for missing parts there are a lot of solter points with a little white line between them. Does that mean that these points are not used? That would help me a lot.....

Maybe you can have a look below the CPU where the 4 dots are. There are 2 parts and one missing(the lowst)
And right of the big yellow cab the first resistor is missing,too. But they have these white line between the solder points

Those are all missing on my board too, so I think its okay. I don't really think the white lines mean much, but are kinda just used as outlines on the board sometimes showing how parts fit, etc. If something is broken off, you will see the messed up solder instead of a nice smooth drop. sometimes it will be a part that was bumped and is crooked or something so it stands out. Most of the time the part will still be connected, but one side is loose and it only sometimes makes contact, so it needs to be resoldered with an iron or hot air. Here are some pics of a part that was crooked/loose that I fixed that was causing similar errors....

IPB Image IPB Image

#5 Hasi22

Hasi22

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 01:09 PM

Well I canīt find things like that. But when I look under the GPU I think I can see some disconnected balls. Especially where the arrow is (the towards ethernet port-corner ;-) ). Now maybe I didnīt heatgund long or hot enough? But i donīt want to destroy the GPU by heat.....

P.S. I cant take sharp pictures from all the small parts....any suggestions?
Ausserdem sprech ich auch deutsch wenn ihr wollt

#6 Hasi22

Hasi22

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 03:42 PM

How do i know if i have overheated something. I mean if i burn/destroy the GPU would there be another error code?

#7 Hasi22

Hasi22

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 10:34 PM

I have checked the board with a multimeter and found out that every soldering point is grounded and because of this connected to each other? Is this normal ?
Do you think there is any chance to bring my box back to life?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users