Photo

Brand New 80 Gig Ps3(thinking Of Buying)

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 shaggyarotten

shaggyarotten

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 10:35 PM

Hi, I have an opportunity to buy a brand new 80 gig ps3(in box never opened), for $200. I m and xbox 360 guy, never owned any playstation. Any advice on if its worth picking this up? i know its a good deal, but , Is the ps3 that good? Any feedback would be appreciated.

#2 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 22 February 2009 - 12:09 AM

For that price it is a bargain. If you don't like it sell it on.
Some one track minded people on here will tell you there are no games, but don't believe a word. Check out the listings and releases. As a media centre it is great it plays more formats than the 360 and BR playback is stunning. Online is free and works great.

Edited by Chancer, 22 February 2009 - 12:11 AM.

#3 shaggyarotten

shaggyarotten

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 07:26 PM

Yeah, your absolutly right, and for that kinda price i cant afford not to buy it. Thanks for the feedback.

#4 melongstrike

melongstrike

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 408 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 23 February 2009 - 04:44 PM

At that price it's MORE than worth it.

U can then swap out that baby sized HD and put in a 320giger (were 60 bucks at CompUSA)

There are a few innovative games that should catch your attention. and everything else and then some that Chancer has said already.

#5 shaggyarotten

shaggyarotten

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 07:22 PM

Yeah im gonna jump on it. I was doing some reading about the tweaks you can do but seemed like most are on the first released system. One other thing i thought of, if these are hot , do i have to be concerned? They are brand new never opened. Will i have a problem going online(serial number)? Not worth getting in trouble.

#6 melongstrike

melongstrike

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 408 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 23 February 2009 - 08:31 PM

Good question. But I am going to trust that the people that you associate with would not put you in that sort of situation.

I still would purchase it though hot or not. smile.gif

#7 seriouslysilly

seriouslysilly

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,687 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 20 March 2009 - 04:40 PM

that is a heck of a deal.
great bargain even if you are not a die-hard.
i'm sure you'd find some uses for it.

so, how do you like it so far?

#8 bucko

bucko

Super Moderator

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,995 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 02 April 2009 - 02:15 PM

QUOTE(shaggyarotten @ Feb 23 2009, 07:58 PM) View Post

Yeah im gonna jump on it. I was doing some reading about the tweaks you can do but seemed like most are on the first released system. One other thing i thought of, if these are hot , do i have to be concerned? They are brand new never opened. Will i have a problem going online(serial number)? Not worth getting in trouble.

Doesn't get hot at all, you can install Linux on it too, the only problem I have with mine is PlayTV doesn't record as good as an LG recorder it tends to glitch a bit blink.gif might be a signal issue though for me. Flower is a great game, Killzone 2 meant to be good too and I love LBP (great for two player). PS Home is also fun. I like the Photo Slideshow app a lot for my photography and the Folding@Home (Life with Playstion) app is good to.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users