Psyfer9983

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 23 February 2009 - 12:33 PM

I have a problem and I am hoping someone can help me. I got the DuoX3, I installed with out any problems, soldering that is. The chip works great. The problem is I flashed one of the banks with a new bios and the chip doesn't like it. The chip will not "ARM", it just goes to the MS bios (hold power button for 2 sec to arm it, tries to boot but the system turns off for a sec then come back on with the chip off). This xbox will not boot to the dash because of a bad hard drive, yes the original hard drive is fried. Also it will not boot a cd/dvd with out the modchip armed. I got a new hard installed and all ready working but I want to use a different bios. I still have the original bios that came with the chip on the other bank AND I WANT TO KEEP IT. My question is, since this has two banks for two different bios, can I switch to the other bank so I can "ARM" the chip and switch back the bad flashed one so I can reflash it WILE THE XBOX IS STILL ON. A sort of "how swap" trick if you know what I mean. I would go ahead and try this, but I don't want to damage the chip as in "oops, lost all the data in the mod chip so no more mod chip". Basically, I want to know if the bad flash is doomed or not. Any help would be great. THANKS!!! smile.gif

#2 Psyfer9983

Psyfer9983

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 06:15 AM

Does anybody know? I mean someone out there has to know something.

#3 Joes2Silly

Joes2Silly

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 254 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 24 February 2009 - 07:01 AM

Okay, what you want to do is boot up the modchip with the one bank that still works. Then you need to boot up a flashing utility (Evox, Raincoat, Eurasia...) and once that loads flip the switch to the other bank. You should be able to flash it and get your chip working again wink.gif

#4 Psyfer9983

Psyfer9983

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 07:59 AM

Are you for sure that it is safe, even when the power is on? You are the only one who has given me hope!!! I hate to scrap this chip, it was hard to find a site to order a chip that has it in stock and also ships to the US. Thanks for your help!!!! smile.gif

#5 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 24 February 2009 - 09:43 AM

Yes, it's safe. It's standard procedure for flashing / reflashing dual bank chips. Just make sure you use a 256k BIOS smile.gif

Edited by Heimdall, 24 February 2009 - 09:44 AM.

#6 Psyfer9983

Psyfer9983

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 10:49 AM

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif I thought for sure that it was going to mess it up. It worked like charm, I'm so glade it worked. Now, does anybody know of a good bios to use with this chip, or is this already in another topic?

#7 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 24 February 2009 - 11:02 AM

If you have a 1.0-1.5 Xbox, use iND-BIOS.5003. As an alternative, look at X2.4981 or Evox M8plus.

If you have a 1.6 Xbox you have to use Evox M8plus_16.

Whichever BIOS you use, select the version that matches your preferred large disk layout - .06 for all F, .67 for F and G.

For iND-BIOS.5003 you edit the config file (ind-bios.cfg) to point to your dash, and put it in the root of the C drive. For all the others you edit the BIOS directly before you flash it - XBTool (v1.0.23) for X2.4981, EvTool (v1.09) for Evox M8plus / M8plus_16.

Edited by Heimdall, 24 February 2009 - 11:10 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users