Photo

Moving The Xbox To Much Could Cause Rrod?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Primenal

Primenal

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 06:22 PM

Since I've got a chip in mine I constantly take it to my friends. Unplug it, put it all in a bookbag, and bring it to his house. My first Xbox lasted a while before I got Rrod, but when I did get it...It's after I came from his house, and plugged it in at mine. I got it to work for the next few months (with the occasional RRod it would have), and finally it crapped out.
I got a new one though with a chip. I bring it to my friends house, we play one game, it freezes. Turn it back on...Rrod (after a damn month!) Bring it back to my house, and still Rrod.

So...I assume moving these around isn't a good thing?

#2 Bazdoctor

Bazdoctor

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 471 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 23 February 2009 - 06:43 PM

QUOTE(Primenal @ Feb 24 2009, 03:58 AM) View Post

Since I've got a chip in mine I constantly take it to my friends. Unplug it, put it all in a bookbag, and bring it to his house. My first Xbox lasted a while before I got Rrod, but when I did get it...It's after I came from his house, and plugged it in at mine. I got it to work for the next few months (with the occasional RRod it would have), and finally it crapped out.
I got a new one though with a chip. I bring it to my friends house, we play one game, it freezes. Turn it back on...Rrod (after a damn month!) Bring it back to my house, and still Rrod.

So...I assume moving these around isn't a good thing?

You could move a 360 100 times and you wouldn't effect it, if handled with care. However, yer, think about moving any sensitive electronic device around alot without the proper care. Ofcourse there is a chance you could break it. But as we all know, this little baby can get 3 red lights just sitting in an air conditioned room, not having moved its whole gaming life, so there is really no way to tell. Just make sure next time you move one, place it in a laptop bag or something and place if face down in the front seat with you. Thats what i do and I have never had a problem with mine. So Far. dry.gif

#3 Primenal

Primenal

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 06:46 PM

Well, I lay it flat in a bookbag that it can actually lay flat...So I wouldn't think it'd get banged around to much. I was just wondering cause that's what it seems to be my luck. First time I brought my 2nd Xbox to my friends I got RRod at his house.

#4 kurrrrt

kurrrrt

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 23 February 2009 - 06:50 PM

Unless you drop it a few times then it shouldn't cause a RROD. If it did there would be alot more foam and bubble wrap in the box when you got one. The RROD is caused by the solder balls which break from expanding and then cooling again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users