How Do I Backup My Saved Games
Posted 24 February 2009 - 05:29 AM
Posted 24 February 2009 - 05:37 AM
Posted 28 February 2009 - 09:57 PM
I don't want to get flamed, because obviously I'm a 360 fan if I'm on this board but I have to say this is one area where my PS3 destroys my 360. I'm not saying PS3s are better overall, yadda yadda , I know the pros and cons of each system, we don't need to go there. This post is just discussing WHY I think we can't backup save games easily and why that's lame.
What's particularly frustrating is I figure MS's purpose for hamstringing the system is either:
1. Greed (force you to buy their peripherals aka the *ridiculous* $100 WiFi adapter or the even more ridiculous HDD upgrades or these memory cards)
2. Avoiding piracy (I read somewhere the Xbox 1 was hacked via USB so that's why they locked it down in the 360)
or both! So we're left with crippled features and they still got hacked anyway!
Whereas with my PS3 I can:
- Backup save games to another profile on the system (as many as I want)
- Backup to a USB flash drive
- Backup to a USB external drive
- Backup to CF/SD/MS cards or a digital camera even if you don't have the card reader model
- Install any HDD upgrade
- Use any USB external drives or USB flash drives
- Use any keyboard/mice, microphones, etc.
Now here's the kicker. It's over 2 years later and the PS3 is STILL unhackable (yet allows all this great universal support). The 360 was hamstrung presumably to lock it down yet could be hacked before it made it home from the store 3 years ago!
Did I mention get yourself a memory card from Ebay? ;-)
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users