• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 tersalius

tersalius

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 02:08 PM

hello, my second post here what a miracle!!!

so if anyone can help here something i have to ask

im about to buy my new 360 and ill go with jasper BUT

i know that some jaspers are coming with power suplies units of 175W and others with 150W so

If i end up with a power suply of 175W IS THERE ANY bad consequence to have 175W instead of 150W?

Or i dont have to worry about that and just be sure to buy a jasper.

So if anyone can answer please help i have to clarify that before buying a new one

Thanks!!!

#2 damageisking

damageisking

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 03:55 PM

No it will only use the amount that it does, the Jasper can use all power bricks but no other 360 can use the Jaspers power brick.
All power bricks weigh the same and function the same so there's no difference at all

#3 Whisp V1

Whisp V1

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 24 February 2009 - 04:02 PM

As i am also going to buy one in the next couple days i know from my Pro consoles box that it actually says the power supply on the box, so if you get that saying 150 and you also peel up the flap and check that its 12.1A i think you should be fine?

Tried to take a pic of my old pro box but my cameras (digi and phone) are too shit they cant get the writing in focus. sad.gif

#4 icustom

icustom

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 24 February 2009 - 05:52 PM

Not really. Well unless you MIND having a 175WAT PSU sticker smile.gif!

#5 tersalius

tersalius

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 06:12 PM

oh thanks for helping BUT

are you guys like... SURE about that. is there no difference between a jasper 150W and a jasper 175W when we are talking about how the power supply could affect the console (heat generation and so on...)

really sorry for asking again but i have this friend of mine that is saying that its a stupid thing to do to buy a jasper with a power supply of 175W instead of a one with 150W and that i will end up only breaking little by little my console.

see where i live we only have now jaspers with 175W and i REALLY want to buy one but have to know IF its not something ill regret later to have a power supply of 175W on my jasper instead of 150W

Again thanks for any help i can have from you guys.

#6 rr4567

rr4567

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 06:50 PM

Using a 175 Watt PSU with a Jasper 150W doesn't do harm. There is no difference, because the console only draws as much power as needed. It is even good to use a 203W PSU with a Jasper console. It does no harm whasoever. It Won't turn your Xbox into a Sanstesticlies tongue.gif

Edited by rr4567, 24 February 2009 - 06:50 PM.

#7 Martinchris23

Martinchris23

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,900 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 24 February 2009 - 07:09 PM

Maybe actually searching on what wattage actually is will give you a definitive answer, rather than doubting those who have already answered!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users