• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 flavp5

flavp5

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 12:06 AM

from what i have read on here it looks like i can't copy anything over to the 120 gb harddrive, like full games or movies (wmv-hd etc)

so really what is the point of the 120 gb drive.. My xbox is modded with iextreme 1.5 so i dont care for demos and movies cant be downloaded in Canada (i get them for free anyway)

So in turn isint the 120 gb useless?
I'll prob be better off getting a 1 tb external drive and connecting it for my hd movies as streaming is jittery on my wireless network

#2 woody21_1

woody21_1

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 27 February 2009 - 04:49 PM

the 120GB hard drive is usefull with the feature of the new dash that allows you to save your games to the harddrive, this will itself reduce the war on your dvd drive and reduce the noise from the console.

i only have a 20gb, and have 2 games on there but theres about 5 games that i play regularly so the 120gb hdd would be of use to me for that feature alone.

its just ashame M$ charge so much for the 120, you can het a 1TB external for the same price...

#3 sabbath_dude

sabbath_dude

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,287 posts
  • Interests:Xbox, Rock music, Beer
  • Xbox Version:v1.6c
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 27 February 2009 - 07:15 PM

The bigger hard drive is very useful for copying your games to. Games run from the hard drive make the console run very quiet and also have shorter load times. It also reduces the wear on the DVD drive. I actually think Microsoft should introduce a larger drive (250Gb or bigger). My 120Gb drive is almost always full and I'm forever deleting stuff off it. It's full of games, DLC, videos and freebies off Marketplace. I definitely wouldn't call the 120Gb drive useless. It's all down to how and what you use your console for. Some people are happy with nothing more than a memory card.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users