emanboss

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts
  • Interests:games and weightlifting
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 27 February 2009 - 01:44 AM

I recently bought a microsoft racing wheel and had a question. I have 2 xbox 360's. One is modded and is banned from live. The other is stock and in no way modded. My question is is their a way for the modded console to use it. It says my live passcode is incorrect. I hooked it up to the non modded console and did a gamertag recovery on it but i still cant play it on the modded console. Any help is appreciated.

#2 emanboss

emanboss

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 07:31 PM

One thing I left out is I only have one hard drive and switch them between the 2 boxes. Any one have a answer to this?

#3 cwoodward

cwoodward

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 01 March 2009 - 01:20 AM

QUOTE(emanboss @ Feb 28 2009, 11:07 AM) View Post

One thing I left out is I only have one hard drive and switch them between the 2 boxes. Any one have a answer to this?

am I missing something here? what does the racing wheel have to do with xbox live?

#4 Whisp V1

Whisp V1

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 01 March 2009 - 03:45 AM

QUOTE(cwoodward @ Mar 1 2009, 09:56 AM) View Post

am I missing something here? what does the racing wheel have to do with xbox live?

Plus one, explain your case abit more.

#5 emanboss

emanboss

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 08:50 PM

Read my 1st post I'm not trying to say anything about what xbox live has to do with the racing wheel. I'm just stating thats what I had done. The racing wheel will not play offline on my modded console. When it asks for my live password i eneter the passcode and instead of saying this console cant connect to xbox live it says the passcode is incorrect and i cant use it.

#6 cwoodward

cwoodward

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 12:45 AM

That's weird I have no clue why it wouldn't work offline on your modded console, because I assume you can still play games offline on it right? I don;t know how that would be connected, although I'm not too aware of what kind of lock downs the console goes through upon being banned, maybe someone can shed some light!

#7 Martinchris23

Martinchris23

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,900 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 02 March 2009 - 01:04 AM

QUOTE(emanboss @ Mar 1 2009, 08:26 PM) View Post

Read my 1st post I'm not trying to say anything about what xbox live has to do with the racing wheel. I'm just stating thats what I had done. The racing wheel will not play offline on my modded console. When it asks for my live password i eneter the passcode and instead of saying this console cant connect to xbox live it says the passcode is incorrect and i cant use it.

You're either doing something seriously wrong or not explaining yourself at all well.

The Wireless Racing Wheel is a joystick of sorts, that's it. It doesn't need a password of any kind, nor does it care if the 360's banned or not.

Since you've been asked to explain what you mean and STILL cannot make it understandable, it's best you list the steps you're doing from turning on the 360 to when you're getting this 'error'.

#8 emanboss

emanboss

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 08:39 AM

The one and only game ive tried it on is need for speed undercover. When I start the game it immediately tries to sign my profile into live and usually when it does that I enter my passcode like normal because mine is setup to go online with a passcode. When it normally asks for this passcode with a regular controller, it states unable to connect to live push A for ok then it just goes to the game and I play. When i use the wheel i do the same thing but when i enter my passcode in it says its the wrong passcode and i cant get past that part.

#9 cwoodward

cwoodward

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 09:36 AM

can you enter your passcode with a regular remote and then try switching your wheel over to that controller port? or does it still not work if you do that?

#10 Martinchris23

Martinchris23

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,900 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 02 March 2009 - 09:40 AM

QUOTE(emanboss @ Mar 2 2009, 08:15 AM) View Post

The one and only game ive tried it on is need for speed undercover. When I start the game it immediately tries to sign my profile into live and usually when it does that I enter my passcode like normal because mine is setup to go online with a passcode. When it normally asks for this passcode with a regular controller, it states unable to connect to live push A for ok then it just goes to the game and I play. When i use the wheel i do the same thing but when i enter my passcode in it says its the wrong passcode and i cant get past that part.

It sounds to me like you're not pressing the right buttons on the Wheel:

Left Trigger: Brake Pedal
Right Trigger: Accelerate Pedal
Left Bumper: Left paddle (behind wheel)
Right Bumper: Right paddle (behind wheel)

D-Pad / ABXY - same

Bear in mind there's no right analog stick on the wheel....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users