Photo

Will A Samsung Ts-h653a Work For Burning?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OGIBEHT

OGIBEHT

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 09:59 AM

Hi I have spent the last few hours reading and reading as any newbie should. I at one time thought backing up my games would be far beyond my comprehension, but the more I read the more I feel like I can do it.

So I understand I need to flash the cdrom drive in the xbox 360

I understand I not only need a compatible Kreon drive, to copy the games but I also need to flash it, which I plan on putting in a usb enclosure. Can I flash the drive with the enclosure or must I have it installed internally first?

And lastly I need a dependable Dual Layer burner. It seems most people agree a Pioneer burner is the way to go. I checked my Dell computer and it came with a TS-H653A which apparently is a Samsung SH-S183A (why do they have 2 different model numbers?) Before I go and buy a Pioneer burner, will the burner I have work just as well? I have never thought of my burner as a dual-layer burner, infact I have never bought dual-layer discs before. Here is a review of the burner from cdfreaks http://www.cdfreaks...._-TS-H653A.html

Thanks in advance for your advice.

#2 ToBbErT

ToBbErT

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 04:04 PM

Yes you need to flash your dvd-rom with ixtreme 1.5 (hitachi 1.4).Kreon is not a dvd reader but its firmware.You need a dvd drive that is compatible with the kreon 1.0 firmware.I would flash internal then move your drive in enclosure.Make sure you disconnect other dvd/cd roms so nothing can go wrong.And your burner supports to change the booktype to rom so no need for a new one.And if you want good dl dvd's buy verbatim.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users