Photo

What Is Still Possible After Flash? (nxe & Liteon+ixtreme1.5)

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 eeeric

eeeric

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 11:45 AM

I just got an Xbox 360, with Jasper Chipset and a LiteOn DVD-drive. I am a complete noob when it comes to 360's and I can't really find any clear answer to my questions.
I really want to get it modded soon. (I've read a lot of tutorials but I decided to spend a couple bucks to get it modded and avoid any risks.
I wouldn't forgive myself if it got F'ed up.

Anyway, I have some questions about what are do's and dont's after modding. ph34r.gif

After modding:

1. I can use my original xbox360-games on Xbox Live (gold) without any problems right?
2. I can't use my xbox360-backups on Xbox Live (gold), well I could but I'd risk getting banned and then I can't even play my originals on Live.
3. If I put a backup in the dvd-drive, the game starts up, and it says "update available". Can I press on yes? (because of getting banned and such)
4. Can I download upgrades (such as cars, skins, maps etc. etc.) from the menu of a backup? If not, can I do it from the Dashboard and then load them into my backup game?

If "no" applies to no. 3 & 4:
5. Is it smart, when playing a backup, to just leave the networkingcable out of the xbox all together?

And how about warranty, when I get my drive flashed, and a couple months later my xbox gets the RROD or any other problem, can I just send it to Microsoft? Or is it possible to flash the original firmware back on the drive and then send it to Bill?

Thank you very much. biggrin.gif

#2 ruley

ruley

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 02 March 2009 - 01:21 PM

QUOTE(eeeric @ Mar 2 2009, 08:51 PM) View Post

I just got an Xbox 360, with Jasper Chipset and a LiteOn DVD-drive. I am a complete noob when it comes to 360's and I can't really find any clear answer to my questions.
I really want to get it modded soon. (I've read a lot of tutorials but I decided to spend a couple bucks to get it modded and avoid any risks.
I wouldn't forgive myself if it got F'ed up.

Anyway, I have some questions about what are do's and dont's after modding. ph34r.gif

After modding:

1. I can use my original xbox360-games on Xbox Live (gold) without any problems right?
2. I can't use my xbox360-backups on Xbox Live (gold), well I could but I'd risk getting banned and then I can't even play my originals on Live.
3. If I put a backup in the dvd-drive, the game starts up, and it says "update available". Can I press on yes? (because of getting banned and such)
4. Can I download upgrades (such as cars, skins, maps etc. etc.) from the menu of a backup? If not, can I do it from the Dashboard and then load them into my backup game?

If "no" applies to no. 3 & 4:
5. Is it smart, when playing a backup, to just leave the networkingcable out of the xbox all together?

And how about warranty, when I get my drive flashed, and a couple months later my xbox gets the RROD or any other problem, can I just send it to Microsoft? Or is it possible to flash the original firmware back on the drive and then send it to Bill?
Thank you very much. biggrin.gif

1. You should be fine but there is a risk of getting banned. If your worried about getting banned buy a second xbox for back-ups
2. Is that a question?
3. You can but if you are banned you cannot. Same as q1
4. You can download from the game or directly from the dashboard

and about warranty, you opened the console end of warranty, simple.

#3 eeeric

eeeric

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 02:52 PM

QUOTE(ruley @ Mar 2 2009, 01:57 PM) View Post

1. You should be fine but there is a risk of getting banned. If your worried about getting banned buy a second xbox for back-ups
2. Is that a question?
3. You can but if you are banned you cannot. Same as q1
4. You can download from the game or directly from the dashboard

and about warranty, you opened the console end of warranty, simple.

Thanks for your reply, but still things are not exactly clear.

1. How can Microsoft see that I have a modded xbox, they can't read whats on my LiteOn's chip right?
2. It was, but then it wasnt tongue.gif. It's more a "am I right?", which makes it a question again.
3. If I AM banned I can't, that much is clear tongue.gif, but do I risk GETTING banned if I update a backup?
4. Allright.

I've seen a lot of ads which are like this: "we mod your xbox without losing the warranty". I don't quite understand this because you have to open the xbox and connect the drive with the pc..but this is not a real big thing of importance smile.gif.

I just ordered the 120GB hdd for my arcade which I bought last thursday, I have a 48h Live trial which I'm going to try out (with the Hdd which you need) this weekend. Then I'm getting it modded yeah biggrin.gif.

Edited by eeeric, 02 March 2009 - 02:53 PM.

#4 Martinchris23

Martinchris23

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,900 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 02 March 2009 - 03:17 PM

1. The media itself is detected, not the firmware - this purely based on who's been banned and who hasn't.
2. Yes, you are right.
3. Updating via a backup is the same as playing it online, therefore it carries the same risk.

Here's the bottom line:

There's no such thing as modding the 360 and keeping the warranty intact. Regardless of any physical evidence of it being opened (labels etc), you've still opened it and have invalidated the warranty in doing so. It's like saying it's not breaking and entering if you don't damage the building in any way, which is nonsense.

Once you've modified your console, you carry a risk of being banned full stop. There's no 100% safe solution out there, so you might as well stop looking for it!

#5 eeeric

eeeric

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 03:21 PM

Okay, thanks smile.gif.

I'll just stay of the net when I'm playing backups rolleyes.gif.

Edited by eeeric, 02 March 2009 - 03:21 PM.

#6 Bazdoctor

Bazdoctor

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 471 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 02 March 2009 - 05:07 PM

QUOTE(eeeric @ Mar 3 2009, 12:57 AM) View Post

Okay, thanks smile.gif.

I'll just stay of the net when I'm playing backups rolleyes.gif.

That by itself wont keep you safe. As people have been saying to you, aslong as you backup your games correctly then you will have no problem. If you have a bad backup, play it offline then jump online with an original you will most likely get banned. Just because your offline doesn't mean your safe. The theroy is that the console keeps a log of this and when you connect to live, sends it to some nerd a M$ who looks over it and bans your ass.

I dont understand people like you that mod there console then are shit scared about getting banned from live, im sorry to say this but "grow a pair". Few people that have stuck to the correct procedures get banned.

Edited by Bazdoctor, 02 March 2009 - 05:08 PM.

#7 vb_encryption_vb

vb_encryption_vb

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 06:13 PM

make things simple buy another xbox for modding purposes! Just like i tell my customers if your afraid of getting on live than i can sell you a brand new pre-modded system.

*on a side note*
I have brand new jasper consoles, haven't posted a BST for them yet. The one's i currently have are already sold just waiting for local pick up's. Although if you want to order one, let me know and ill run down and get one from best buy and have it in the mail by days end. Accually I'm going to post a BST now.

#8 eeeric

eeeric

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 12:29 PM

QUOTE(Bazdoctor @ Mar 2 2009, 05:43 PM) View Post

That by itself wont keep you safe. As people have been saying to you, aslong as you backup your games correctly then you will have no problem. If you have a bad backup, play it offline then jump online with an original you will most likely get banned. Just because your offline doesn't mean your safe. The theroy is that the console keeps a log of this and when you connect to live, sends it to some nerd a M$ who looks over it and bans your ass.

I dont understand people like you that mod there console then are shit scared about getting banned from live, im sorry to say this but "grow a pair". Few people that have stuck to the correct procedures get banned.

Ah ok, I didn't know about the log-file, thats a good one smile.gif.

About the correct prodedure, that is what my whole topic is about: What IS that correct procedure? I've read about MD5-files, not playing an NTSC game in a PAL-zone (although theres nothing wrong with that, but maybe some dude @ MS will see a blinking light..) and not playing a game online when it isn't out in my country yet tongue.gif, things like this smile.gif.

And my purpose of modding it isnt really just to play illegal games. With all the BS-games coming out these days (50 cent and such) I really want to think twice about spening 60 euros on some game. Therefor I'll burn a downloaded game onto a dvd, play it, and if I really like it, I'll buy it in the store smile.gif.

Kind of like a demo, only uhh, not..

I think I bought only 2 games in the last couple of months, GTA IV (pc) and Oldskool Battlefield 2 (pc). What I'm deffinatly going to buy for my 360 is Guitar Hero, gotta love that.

Edited by eeeric, 03 March 2009 - 12:31 PM.

#9 Martinchris23

Martinchris23

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,900 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 03:14 PM

QUOTE(Bazdoctor @ Mar 2 2009, 04:43 PM) View Post

This is purely speculation and frankly until it's proven, BS.

The only place this information can be stored is on the NAND and unless someone (more than likely me the way this is going!) does a dump of the TSOP before and after playing backups and proves there's a difference without any updates being applied, I'd take it with a pinch of salt.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users