6 replies to this topic

#1 snk64

snk64

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 11:55 AM

Hi all.
So here's the story: A friend gave me his Xbox, to repair a broken Evox menu (it would only show Bood game from DVD, Settings, Reboot Xbox and Power off).The Xbox is softmodded, i don't know how was it done, i'm guessing TSOP flash.So i thought i would use Slayer's Auto-installer 2.6, to do a complete rebuild/install.But my friend didn't say he had a bigger hdd in the xbox, and in the menu of Slayer's installer it only shows the free space on each partition (also, there was no G partition), so i didnt know he had a 120 GB hdd, and i choose the retail hdd install.Now, after the install was done, i rebooted the xbox, and it booted to the MS Dashboard.And now every time a start the xbox, it boots straight to the MS dash, also backups don't boot, only originals.I asked my friend about having a backup of the C partititon, or the eeprom, and he said he doesn't have one.So the question is: can i do anything at all to repair this mistake?I was thinking of doing the hotswap and install Ndure, but i don't know if that would work.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thank you.

PS: i tried to do a search, but for some reason the search option doesn't work on the forum.

#2 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 02 March 2009 - 11:45 PM

Sounds like the box was softmodded and booting the rescue dash.

You could update the dash with a recent live enabled game (Halo 2 or later), then softmod from scratch with Krayzie 1.1.1 and an exploitable game. Alternatively, use Kingroach NDURE 3.1, xboxhdm and hotswap.

Edited by Heimdall, 02 March 2009 - 11:51 PM.

#3 bmullins1369

bmullins1369

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 03 March 2009 - 09:11 PM

hi there.i agree with heimdall,it sounds like it was softmodded.what i would try to do is boot the gamesave exploit and see if it brings up the softmod install menu or the remove softmod menu.if it shows the remove menu than it is booting the rescue dash and all you(should) have to do is choose to remove the softmod,than run it again and install it again and ur problem should be (hopefully) fixed.am i wrong at all in this heimdall??also,if it was softmodded w a 120 gb hdd,than i dont think you would have a g partition,only the f bcuz i think g is for anything above 137 gb.well let me know if this helps out at all ok???l8ter

#4 snk64

snk64

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 01:40 PM

Hi again.
So i went ahead and did the hotswap, did everything like the tutorial says, unlocked the hdd, then backed up the C partition.No problems so far.However when i tried to install Ndure , at part 2 it gives me this error:
cp : Write Error: No space left on device
mkdir: Cannot create directory '/xbox/C/shadowc/resc': No space left on device
cp: unable to open '/xbox/C/shadowc/default.xbe': No such file or directory
cp: unable to open '/xbox/C/shadowc/evox.ini': No such file or directory
Part 3 of 3:

Done.. now exiting
Press any key to continue

How much free space is needed on C?There are no saves on C, and there is only one audio track, which i used for unlocking the drive.I noticed there are Skins and Trainers on the partition, from the previous softmod install.Should i delete them, or should i try something else?Help please... unsure.gif
I should mention that i used Ndure 3.0, and selected the first option in the install menu.

#5 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 02:39 PM

You need to get your C partition back to a clean state to use the ndure script.

Build your xboxhdm disk using the stock C from Slayers / AID, and Kingroach NDURE 3.1. Put the stock C in linux/C, and the Kingroach 3.1 files in linux/ndure (the Kingroach C and E directories and the ndure script should be immediately below this i.e. linux/ndure/C/ and linux/ndure/E/.)

Hotswap and run xboxhdm, select option 1 - boot VGA Console, then type xboxhd, then select option 2 - Rebuild C partition on existing Xbox drive. Once that has finished exit, then type xbrowser, run the ndure script, then select option 1.

#6 snk64

snk64

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 05:06 PM

QUOTE(Heimdall @ Mar 6 2009, 04:15 PM) View Post

You need to get your C partition back to a clean state to use the ndure script.

Build your xboxhdm disk using the stock C from Slayers / AID, and Kingroach NDURE 3.1. Put the stock C in linux/C, and the Kingroach 3.1 files in linux/ndure (the Kingroach C and E directories and the ndure script should be immediately below this i.e. linux/ndure/C/ and linux/ndure/E/.)

Hotswap and run xboxhdm, select option 1 - boot VGA Console, then type xboxhd, then select option 2 - Rebuild C partition on existing Xbox drive. Once that has finished exit, then type xbrowser, run the ndure script, then select option 1.

Thank you very much Heimdall, i did exactly what you said and now the Xbox is up n running , with UnleashX! beerchug.gif

#7 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 05:17 PM

No problem, happy to help!

The final thing you need to do is copy the stock C files from Slayers across to the shadow C that has now been activated. The Xbox will work quite happily without this, but it gives you access to the MS-Dash, and gives you the sound effects for UnleashX!! smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users