shtewps

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 300 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 02 March 2009 - 05:26 PM

I know this topic has been butchered, but bear with me.

I would like to proceed with a liteon flash but am slghtly confused between two tutorials which appear to be for the same drive, but include different methods. One of which apparently requires little to no hardware to be purchased.

The tutorial here uses a switch and some wire to read and flash the f/w.

Now correct me if I am wrong, but is the said tutorial above only for reading and flashing, and NOT for key extraction?
If so, is this method outdated or is it still required that traces be cut in order to read/write?

Which leads me to this tutorial which requires a little more work and hardware in order to build a working spear.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but the spear is used ONLY for key extraction?

In regards to the spear tutorial above, the PC I would like to use does not have a serial COM port. Will I be able to get away with using a serial>USB adapter?

As always, thank you kindly for your help.

Edited by shtewps, 02 March 2009 - 05:28 PM.

#2 Bazdoctor

Bazdoctor

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 471 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 02 March 2009 - 05:43 PM

The first tutorial is for the Benq (vad 6038) Drive and is very outdated as you have been able to sof-mod a benq for awhile now. You want to flash a liteon not a benq. The second tutorial will work for extracting the key from the lite on drive. After you have the key you can then create your CFW and flash in either dos or windows with jungle flasher. As for the com port, a usb wont work if you read the key over dos. Maybe look into an CK or a maximus xtractor or paying somebody to flash it for you. Might work out cheaper.

Edited by Bazdoctor, 02 March 2009 - 05:45 PM.

#3 vb_encryption_vb

vb_encryption_vb

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 02 March 2009 - 06:07 PM

ya i offer the flashing service 35.00 plus return shipping. It's easier to buy the hardware but it be far less to have someone mod it for you. You can send me just the drive or the whole console, be warned though sending just the drive means i wont be able to test a back up once its been flashed.

#4 shtewps

shtewps

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 06:20 PM

QUOTE(Bazdoctor @ Mar 2 2009, 06:19 PM) View Post

You want to flash a liteon not a benq.

Thanks for the response. I guess the only reason I was confused is because that first tutorial says Phillips/BenQ and my drive says Phillips-Liteon

I do have a PC with a serial com port. Its just that the SATA controller isnt very compatible with 360 drives. I have a VIA card on order, so that will be the cheapest route for me.

Thanks for offering to do the flash for me, but this is my hobby and I have already flashed a stubborn Hitachi and am quite excited to flash this Liteon as well. I love a challenge.

Cheers

#5 shtewps

shtewps

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 06:31 PM

I do have one last question though..

Has there been any reports of extracting the key and flashing a Liteon drive on Intel based chipsets?

Thanks! smile.gif

#6 vb_encryption_vb

vb_encryption_vb

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 02 March 2009 - 07:09 PM

eh i dont know im on an amd processor with a via 6421 sata ide card...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users