Photo

Do We Always Keep Updating The Flashing Firmware ?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 marcolisi

marcolisi

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 01:36 AM

Hello guys,
I learned that no matter what dvd type we get in the xbox, it is possible to flash it to an ixtreme firmware. Whar I do not understand is :

lets say I flash my xbox dvd to the latest firmware version today.
Then in 2 months it comes out a new version of the same firmware.

Do I need to update to this new version ?
In which case do I need to update to the new version ?

What I mean, can it happen that my iextreme 1.5 firmware version, can not read anymore new backup games ?

I do not understand what is the point to update to new iextreme versions.

Thank you

#2 Ranger72

Ranger72

MOD GOD

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,810 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 03 March 2009 - 02:02 AM

Up until the last day or so we could confertably say that once you flash your drive with the latest firmware out at the time you should be fine playing games for the rest of the life of the console.

However news from within the past day changes this convenience. If you flash with the latest ixtreme 1.5 you will need to flash again to 1.6 when it comes out to play new games that are now starting to come out.

#3 DanB91

DanB91

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 03 March 2009 - 02:15 AM

QUOTE(Ranger72 @ Mar 2 2009, 08:38 PM) View Post

Up until the last day or so we could confertably say that once you flash your drive with the latest firmware out at the time you should be fine playing games for the rest of the life of the console.

However news from within the past day changes this convenience. If you flash with the latest ixtreme 1.5 you will need to flash again to 1.6 when it comes out to play new games that are now starting to come out.

what news?

#4 Ranger72

Ranger72

MOD GOD

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,810 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 04:09 AM

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=678243

#5 marcolisi

marcolisi

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 05:04 AM

Hello guys, I have some questions:

1) How modded firmwares get updated ?
What I mean is that , to update iextreme from 1.5 to 1.6 or from 1.4 to 1.6 , do I need to open again the xbox and use the tools for flashing the dvd or there is a another way to update it ?

2) Is there any difference in "updating" the iextreme firmware from an old version to a newer version (ex. 1.5 to 1.6) for a liteon or for another old dvd brand ? (this question is related more or less to the question 1 , in case there is another way to update the firmware without opening the xbox again)

thank you

#6 Millerboy3

Millerboy3

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,030 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 03 March 2009 - 05:16 AM

QUOTE(marcolisi @ Mar 2 2009, 11:40 PM) View Post

Hello guys, I have some questions:

1) How modded firmwares get updated ?
What I mean is that , to update iextreme from 1.5 to 1.6 or from 1.4 to 1.6 , do I need to open again the xbox and use the tools for flashing the dvd or there is a another way to update it ?

2) Is there any difference in "updating" the iextreme firmware from an old version to a newer version (ex. 1.5 to 1.6) for a liteon or for another old dvd brand ? (this question is related more or less to the question 1 , in case there is another way to update the firmware without opening the xbox again)

thank you

1. yes you have to redo the flashing process.

2.no basically just reflashing.

#7 marcolisi

marcolisi

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 05:30 AM

Sorry, I think I double posted.

How modded firmwares get updated ?

Is there any difference in "updating" the iextreme firmware from an old version to a newer version (ex. 1.5 to 1.6) for a liteon or for another old dvd brand ?

thank you

#8 marcolisi

marcolisi

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 05:42 AM

QUOTE(Millerboy3 @ Mar 3 2009, 05:52 AM) View Post

1. yes you have to redo the flashing process.

2.no basically just reflashing.

Ok , thank you.

So I guess for me it is worthed to buy a new xbox instaed of one already flashed.
I think I would buy a new xbox and the ck3+probe to flash it. (in case I have a liteon)
It would costs me a little more than buying an already flashed xbox, but I have the freedom to flash and re-update the firmware as many times I want.

The only bad thing is that everytime that I need to update the firmware, I need to open again the xbox and use the ck3 again.
Thank you

#9 vb_encryption_vb

vb_encryption_vb

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 06:00 AM

i think the 1.6 firmware will have us safe for a bit, at least not have to worry about updating for a bit. as for buying a premod i think most ppl, at least i know I myself offer free updates if you bought or had a system flashed by me. all you have to do is pay shipping charges..

#10 marcolisi

marcolisi

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 08:32 PM

QUOTE(vb_encryption_vb @ Mar 3 2009, 06:36 AM) View Post

i think the 1.6 firmware will have us safe for a bit, at least not have to worry about updating for a bit. as for buying a premod i think most ppl, at least i know I myself offer free updates if you bought or had a system flashed by me. all you have to do is pay shipping charges..

How much would it costs buy from u a premodded xbox ?
I need to understand if it is worthed the pain of waiting to ship u back the console whenever there is an update. My feeling is that the updates will be required more often sooner or later. At that point, I gues it would be cheaper buying the flashing kit and doing by themselves

tx

#11 Proppo

Proppo

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 09:00 PM

Where abouts are you from Marcolisi? If you aren't from the US it's probably more expensive and more complicated as he will likely have NTSC consoles, where as if your from Europe you'd want a PAL console etc.

#12 vb_encryption_vb

vb_encryption_vb

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 02:34 AM

QUOTE(marcolisi @ Mar 3 2009, 03:08 PM) View Post

How much would it costs buy from u a premodded xbox ?
I need to understand if it is worthed the pain of waiting to ship u back the console whenever there is an update. My feeling is that the updates will be required more often sooner or later. At that point, I gues it would be cheaper buying the flashing kit and doing by themselves

tx

from my bst and yeah they are ntsc and currently flashed with ixtreme 1.5 as soon as the update is released they will be reflashed. So you have 2 options either buy now with ixtreme 1.5 and send the console or the dvd drive back to me when 1.6 is released or just wait till 1.6 is released than buy from me.

Arcade version 275.00 SHIPPED (Console, 1 Wireless Controller,256 internal memory,power brick and av cables) latest models i've been getting are coming with 6 arcade games. Manf date is as follows 11-13-08

Pro version 375.00 SHIPPED (Console, 1 Wireless Contoller, 60 gig Hard Drive, Wired Head Set, Ethernet cable, av/hd cables,power brick5)

btw all updates are free for my customers all you have to pay is the shipping charges

Edited by vb_encryption_vb, 04 March 2009 - 02:36 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users