• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 r3d3nvy

r3d3nvy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 05:15 AM

I recieved an xbox 360 and it worked for a week or so and the drive stopped working. It stopped spinning. The drive is a Hitachi 79fl. I hooked up the drive to the pc and it read the drive as a lite-on drive. I'm guessin that it was flashed with a lite-on firmware. I have tried to swap the pcb boards with another one, but its the same problem. Is it possible to extract the key without the drive spinning? Is the important thing to have the key or would I also need the orig.bin file? Please help. How would I extract the key from the drive and use it to flash it to another drive? Please help. Thank you.[size=1] sad.gif

#2 Takashi

Takashi

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,744 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 05 March 2009 - 05:24 AM

NO NOOB POSTS, READ THE STICKIE.

#3 Jbbrack03

Jbbrack03

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 06:37 AM

Sounds like the drive was spoofed as a liteon. Someone probably had a liteon and swapped it for the Hitachi (although I don't know why someone would do such a thing, Liteon is a great drive). I'm honestly not sure if you can double spoof a drive. I've never personally tried it before. I would probably tackle figuring out why your Hitachi isn't working. Put the PCB boards back and give us some more info about what is going on.

Leave the top case off and hook the Hitachi to some power. Does the drive eject? Does the laser move up and down the rails? Does the laser turn on and flash? It could be several things. If it doesn't move at all, it could be a broken drive belt, dirty motor, or fried motor. If it is the drive belt, it can be replaced for $5 from Ebay. If the drive motor is dirty, you can clean it for free. If you need a new drive motor then it can be replaced for about $20 on Ebay. If it is the laser, you may just need to adjust the pot, or worst case you can buy a replacement from Ebay for about $20. 90% of the time, a drive can be repaired for less than half the cost of a new drive.

#4 r3d3nvy

r3d3nvy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 08:21 AM

I have purchased another hitachi drive and swapped the pcb boards off, but the same result. the drive will not spin the cd. the laser does seem to be moving up and down and it sounds liek it is trying to read the dics but since the cd isnt spinning it doesnt seem to read. Is there a way to extract the key if its like this?

#5 Proppo

Proppo

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 08:57 AM

You should still be able to read the key just fine as you read it via the sata port.

Was the other hitachi the same ROM version?

What brand discs are you using?

#6 r3d3nvy

r3d3nvy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 09:01 AM

The other hitachi drive was another rom type do you think that is why it didnt work? It was a 59dj. Do I need the drive to be spinning to read out the key? and the drive that was inside was already flashed so will that be useable on other drives?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users