• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 raikovax

raikovax

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 09:20 AM

Hello, I was just wondering where I would start out at modding my 360. I've been trying to read a few guides but i'm really confused. I'm looking for a good up to date guide to help me out or maybe someone in the forum can help me. I think the way I would like to do my mod is through the DVD drive but i'm not sure whats needed and what to do. Is there someone who can give me a shove in the right direction?

#2 Proppo

Proppo

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 09:27 AM

First you need to detect which drive you have, go http://www.llamma.co..._Comparison.htm and look at that, compare your drive trey to one of the ones in there. Also, not that BenQ and the new Liteon have the same trey (Liteon = New Drive) So you will need to then, remove your faceplate and look at the wire that is in a small hole below your 360 dvd drive. Yellow = Liteon, Grey/White = BenQ. http://img.photobuck...nQorLite-on.jpg Check that to get an idea of where the cable is.

Then, you need to discover what your chipset is (Device Manager -> IDE/Atapi Controllers), looking for something like Intel ICH*, or Nforce* and such. Depending on that, will depend on wether or not you need to buy a Via VT6421 card (about £10 on ebay), which you will then need to mount in your PC's PCI Port.

When you have all that, you need to think about the way you want to flash it, Dos Or Windows, if your on a 64bit windows OS your buggered for using windows. But if you can use Windows I would recommend using JungleFlasher.

When you get that far, let me know and I'll add more smile.gif.

#3 HundredSouls

HundredSouls

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 05 March 2009 - 11:09 PM

Hi There,

I am brand new to the forum and need some help with flashing like Raikovax

I'm new to flashing firmware and have had a read through tons of guides on the net but still rather confused about the whole process.

My 360 elite is already flashed but i have no idea what with (was brought that way) *Edit: Im pretty sure it is stealthed though because i am able to play on live* and with the release of the new games (H.A.W.X for example) I need to update it with iExtreme 1.5 or 1.6. However i have no idea how to do this.

After reading Proppo's reply I have found that I have the Hitachi drive, I am also aware the 1.5 firmware isn't released yet for hitachi, hopefully it will be soon and want to get everything ready.

I have

Intel® ICH10 Family 4 Port SATA Storage Controller
and
Intel® ICH10 Family 2 Port SATA Storage Controller. (not sure if it makes a difference)

Im guessing I will be using the 4 Port one as 2 are already taken up by my HDD and Disk drive. I do have 4 free SATA ports though.

Will I need to buy the extra PCI card with this setup? and is there any extra hardware I need?

I am running 64-bit Vista so i'm guessing I will need to flash using DOS?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by HundredSouls, 05 March 2009 - 11:16 PM.

#4 Proppo

Proppo

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 11:35 PM

Erm, technical difficulty there I'm afraid HundredSouls. Hitachi's can ONLY be flashed in Windows and I'm fairly certain that Vista 64-bit could cause you some problems....

However, the chipset should be fine, just make sure the drive is connected to Port1.

#5 HundredSouls

HundredSouls

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 06 March 2009 - 12:47 AM

Oh i see =/

If i did manage to get it working because I also have a computer with the same chipset using 32-bit Vista

What Utilities/software will i need? because there seems to be soooo many versions of firmware and software amongst other things...

Thanks for your help

#6 vb_encryption_vb

vb_encryption_vb

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 06 March 2009 - 01:05 AM

i think vista in general could be a problem

0 user(s) are reading this topic