• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Primenal

Primenal

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 09:41 PM

I've had 2 Rrod xbox's and it's getting tiresome. The first one I'd always bring over to my friends, and just thought toting it around I may have did some harm to it. I made a thread on here, and people basically told me unless I BANGED the hell out of it then I couldn't have.
I got a few questions I needed to know though....

1) I read it was better to have your XBox vertical. Why is this?...and does it really matter?
2) I read to not have your Xbox in a confined place...Again how much does this matter? I have one of those desks with a tv that sets on top, and 4 bottom slots where you put your entertainment hardware (holes in the back to run the cables). It's a shelf that is 3x bigger than the XBox itself....Would it be ok to have it in there?
3) Whenever I put my Xbox vertical it will not eject right half the time, and get stuck. I noticed my friends occasionally does this. Anyway to fix this without me opening up the XBox?

#2 Primenal

Primenal

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 10:34 PM

Oh, almost forgot one:

4) I recently got somebody to the X-Clamp mod to my Xbox that had Rrod. What's the chance that is a long term fix? How possible it could be short term?

#3 chorizo1

chorizo1

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,883 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 06 March 2009 - 11:00 PM

1) horizontal - why, no reason i just have used all my 360's like that and haven't had an issue

2) No, it needs to be out in the open to get rid of the hot air, not in a confined space cooking in the same air it's trying to get rid of

3) see #1

4) 0%, 100%

#4 Primenal

Primenal

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 02:23 AM

QUOTE(chorizo1 @ Mar 6 2009, 05:36 PM) View Post

1) horizontal - why, no reason i just have used all my 360's like that and haven't had an issue

2) No, it needs to be out in the open to get rid of the hot air, not in a confined space cooking in the same air it's trying to get rid of

3) see #1

4) 0%, 100%

Well, I actually got it to work vertically, and with my set up I think I have to. Obviously I can't put it in any of those spots. So, I sit it on top (vertical) beside my t.v...I can't lay it horizontal. As for the eject button I think it's like weight distribution. As long as I have a game in the system the thing will open nearly 100% of the time. Without a game seems like I have to hit it 3-4 times to open it.
So, think I'll be ok. The clamp seems to work well thus far if those are the percentages, and since it's not going to get so hot (laying in it's own hot air) I'm thinking I should have more success. The first XBox lasted me a while (I didn't have this one confined). The 2nd XBox I did have in the hole, and it only lasted a month...So, perhaps that's why.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users