keztheking

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 08 March 2009 - 01:51 PM

yes you can go from 1.4 to 1.51 no probs mate just remember to double check your games on 1.51

#182 barzi

barzi

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 122 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 08 March 2009 - 02:54 PM

QUOTE(dazv6 @ Mar 7 2009, 11:34 PM) View Post

I loaded a hitachi ix1.51 firmware into fwtb and it loaded it fine, showed the key and fw version and drive speed, so should be fine for flashing as it is.

abgx360 has been updated to v1.00 for the 3rd wave, available from their site.

But how do you smart patch it? If you have an original file, then you have to patch it.. But you can only choose from 1.4 firmwares, not 1.51. How to do that?

#183 Friction Baby

Friction Baby

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 03:00 PM

Thanx for the insight keztheking much appreciated wink.gif

#184 Exobex

Exobex

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,063 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 08 March 2009 - 03:11 PM

QUOTE(mik30 @ Mar 8 2009, 03:34 AM) View Post

They had not to remove the check. The better way would have been
to simply add the new form to the current list of checks.

Got to disagree with you there. Microsoft now have a way of upsetting iXtreme firmwares prior to 1.51: mess with the video partition. Okay, so it was probably accidental, but it's there now.

If you just add the new form to the list, you end up in a cat & mouse game where MS changes it, you add it, MS changes it again, you add it again and so on. The firmware on your machine would only cover games currently released, nothing newer.
Modders who don't own the consoles wouldn't want to keep doing these upgrades for free.
Console owners who aren't modders wouldn't want to keep paying for upgrades, either.
MS win.

Anyway, you're backing the game up yourself so it's no big deal adding ABGX360 to the rip-and-burn process, surely?

QUOTE(barzi @ Mar 8 2009, 02:30 PM) View Post

But how do you smart patch it? If you have an original file, then you have to patch it.. But you can only choose from 1.4 firmwares, not 1.51. How to do that?

Not tried yet (not modding this weekend) but I'd assume the process is the same as if you're flashing to retail but you've lost your original.bin. You don't use the smart patcher.

Dump drive.
Copy key - paste it into NotePad if you like.
Open iXtreme firmware.
Paste key (watch the key in the box as you do it - it should change from old to new) and click the "Replace key" button.
Choose "differential flash" and read the drive to detect differences - in the case of 78/79 drives, if the firmware appears too different, try a different version - you've got four to pick from. Remember to replace the key again!
If only a handful of differences appear (like it usually does when using FWTB) you should be OK to flash.

Edited by Exobex, 08 March 2009 - 03:15 PM.

#185 BlackBurN

BlackBurN

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 03:34 PM

guys, i have one lite onte with 1.5 and want to restore the original FW..... its possible ? how ? jungleflash can do it ?

Edited by BlackBurN, 08 March 2009 - 03:36 PM.

#186 barzi

barzi

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 122 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 08 March 2009 - 03:53 PM

QUOTE(BlackBurN @ Mar 8 2009, 04:10 PM) View Post

guys, i have one lite onte with 1.5 and want to restore the original FW..... its possible ? how ? jungleflash can do it ?

Can't be done.

I flashed (I had 1.5 to 1.51) my BenQ today (with iprep, like it better) but when iprep asked me to half open the tray, it would not work. If I open the tray, power off (CK3 lite) push the tray half in, and then power on, it will automaticly open..
It worked with resend MTK, but maybe the half open tray with BenQ drive is a bug or something?

@Exobex: I still have the original file, and it's recommend to go back to stock firmware. So I wanted to restore my firmware (original from hitachi), then flash 1.51. But you have to smart hack the original file (like you do if you want to go from stock to 1.4). But in the list, there are only 1.4 files, no 1.51 files.

And you say, I can choose between 4 78 firmware (als0 4 79 firmwares), but why are there so much? Why isn't it just one? What's the difference?

Edited by barzi, 08 March 2009 - 03:56 PM.

#187 Paperstack.1

Paperstack.1

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 347 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 08 March 2009 - 03:54 PM

There is no stock firmware for Lite-On to return to original.

#188 Zinu

Zinu

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 03:56 PM

I have a Sammy MS28 flashed with iX1.5.

Now I want to update to 1.51. I wish to use Jungleflasher, just like I did when flashing it to 1.5.
But in the tutorial it states, to unlock the drive:
For iXtreme 1.5, unlock drive by powering up with tray half open

I cannot use the DeviceID unlock since I'm on Intel ICH9R chipset.

How exactly does that method work? How do I get it to stay half open?

#189 Cartman888

Cartman888

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 04:05 PM

Need some help.

I'm trying to reflash a MS25 drive to the latest xtreme firmware 1.5. I've gotten the ix151-samsung.bin from xbins. Have Dotnet 2.0 installed, Have the sata card VIA6421 installed, portIO32 installed. And download jungleflasher from the link at the top of this post and from xbins. When I try to run it all I get is that it has encountered a problem and needs to close. Following through the PDF tutorial too that someone posted earlier to no avail.

#190 Zinu

Zinu

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 04:10 PM

Hehe Paperstack, I was just going to reply that it actually does state that.

I found out how to do it. Now when do you have to do this? After you press ''Sammy Unlock'' or do you not have to press anything to unlock it? Just get tray half open, load correct port and it will show as unlocked?

#191 Paperstack.1

Paperstack.1

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 347 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 08 March 2009 - 04:13 PM

QUOTE(Zinu @ Mar 8 2009, 08:46 AM) View Post
Hehe Paperstack, I was just going to reply that it actually does state that.

I found out how to do it. Now when do you have to do this? After you press ''Sammy Unlock'' or do you not have to press anything to unlock it? Just get tray half open, load correct port and it will show as unlocked?

If you did the half-open tray and the drive properties show "Drive in Vendor Mode!" you should be good to go and start reading page 26 from there. You only use the Sammy Unlock if you haven't flashed your drive yet.

Edited by Paperstack.1, 08 March 2009 - 04:16 PM.

#192 hardie

hardie

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 08 March 2009 - 04:15 PM

Now you said you have DotNet2.0 which is good if you have xp but if you also have the new dotnet3.5 installed on xp as well you can encounter problems as they can clash with some of these flashing programs
i use iprep1v006 with updated ixDef 1.5.1 file and dont have a problem flashing samsungs and benQs

#193 Zinu

Zinu

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 05:46 PM

At the moment I am trying to run the latest Jungleflasher with the supplied PortIO drivers to update my firmware from 1.5 to 1.51.
I have a problem though. As soon as I power on my X360 which is connected to my onboard sata, my PC freezes and I have to reboot. it's really strange, since it all worked fine a few weeks ago, with the same xbox, the same drive, the same sata cable, the same OS and the same onboard sata chipset (nforce 4).

What is going on here?

Edited by Zinu, 08 March 2009 - 05:46 PM.

#194 jriker1

jriker1

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 06:01 PM

There are two RAR files for the LiteOn. May be with all of them but don't have another drive so didn't check. One is called LiteOn_iXtreme_v1.51.rar and the other Lite-on_iXtreme_v1.51-FINAL.rar. Both seem to have the same date and file size. Which one am I supposed to use to update my 1.5 to 1.51? The both have the same readme in it but it doesn't mention the filenames in there and which is which. Any insite would be appreciated.

JR

#195 Zinu

Zinu

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 06:19 PM

They're the same, get either one.

As an addition to my question above:
I've tried several other SATA ports but it still won't work.

EDIT: I've got it working now, but I've found out something else too: It seems that whenever I turn on my X360 I get some error from Windows 'Drive not Ready or something'. After that I cannot open neither iPrep or Jungleflasher: whatever I click, just nothing actually shows up.

So it still doesn't work.

Edited by Zinu, 08 March 2009 - 06:34 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users