Photo

I Don't Use Xbox Live. Should I Upgrade My Firmware?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Shadow Rider

Shadow Rider

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 04:45 PM

I got my Xbox 360 and flashed it with IXtreme 1.4 about a year ago. I don't currently use Xbox Live and don't have any immediate plans to start using it. Is there any reason I should upgrade my firmware? From what I can tell, the current IXtreme firmware is 1.51.

IIRC, new games that include the NXE dasboard update won't load on flashed drives but this is supposed to be fixed in 1.6. I'm guessing it'll probably be a good idea to update then, but in the meantime, is there any reason I should upgrade to 1.51? I've already installed the NXE update and all my games still work fine, I'm just curious. I'm guessing that the 1.51 update includes support for the new Lite-On drives and maybe some new stealthing technique for Xbox Live so it really doesn't effect me, but any info is appreciated.

Thanks.

#2 Ranger72

Ranger72

MOD GOD

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,807 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 07 March 2009 - 05:48 PM

Did you even bother to read the details of the 1.51 firmware? It has the same NXE fix as what 1.6 will have.

1.51 should work on all new games and any future ones as well. Right now the only thing that 1.6 will have is 0800 support if you want to rip your retail game disks using your 360 drive to your PC.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users