2 replies to this topic

#1 xannax

xannax

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 08:14 PM

Hello, First off I want to say that I have spent the last 2 hours searching the forums and trying to avoid starting a new topic. If I missed the answers I'm looking for I'm sorry.

I have done many TSOP flashes but this is my first time to try and tackle a 1.6 version and flash a mod chip. I had the mod chip installed by a pro and it comes up fine.

I'm not sure what bios to get for this or how to flash it.

Can someone please help me figure out what bios to download and how to go about flashing it to the chip. I would be greatly appritiative.

ModChip Duo X2 GS

Xbox Version 1.6

#2 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 08 March 2009 - 02:20 AM

X2.5035_1.6 is the best choice. The chip should have Flashbios on one of the banks - run it, switch to the other bank, then flash via http, or burn the BIOS onto CD and load it from there.

#3 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 08 March 2009 - 04:36 PM

Bios size must be 512K
bank 0 has Cromwell on it and you can use a linux flash app such as Eurasia to flash it.
bank 1 has flashbios and can be easily flashed by making up a bios disc with your bios file on it named as BIOS.BIN and a dummy file aabbcc.dat will do for a name. Use about 200mb for your dummy file to pad the disc.
The disc should be burned as a plain old data disc (closed session of course) Do not burn the disc as ISO or XISO.
This assumes that whoever fitted the chip did not already flash a hacked bios on to the chip. If they did then you are good to go.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users