5 replies to this topic

#1 seether7

seether7

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 08:32 PM

I have a 120 gig HD on the way. I was initially planning to go on xbox live when the HD gets here and install the NXE to the hard drive. One of the main things I want from the NXE is the ability to copy games to the HD.

the more I think about it though, I'm starting to believe I should install the NXE to the Jasper's internal memory instead. my reasoning is:

worst case scenario--I get banned from xbox live for flashed firmware and then at a later time, the hard drive goes bad. If that happens I will have lost the NXE update, and with it the ability to copy games to the hard drive right?

but if I were instead to install the NXE to the Jasper's internal memory, if that worse case scenario happened, I would still have the NXE update installed to the internal flash memory and could just buy a new HD and still copy games to it.

Am I right in my thinking on this? Isn't the internal flash memory going to be more reliable in the long run than the 120gig HD? Isn't installing the NXE to the flash memory the only way to be sure I never lose the update due to a hard drive failure?

I could use some advice on this.

#2 SphtKr76

SphtKr76

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 08 March 2009 - 06:27 PM

I don't think reliability is going to be an issue with either one. I think installing updates to the internal memory is a good idea though, I have NXE and my XBL profile on the internal mem on my Jasper and everything else on the HDD.

#3 seether7

seether7

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 12:33 AM

that's what I'll do then. thanks for the information.

#4 Crunchbite

Crunchbite

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 09 March 2009 - 04:50 AM

The NXE gets installed to the internal NAND memory, not a memory card(or even the internal one) or harddrive. Go ahead and install the NXE, it doesn't matter if you have a harddrive or not.

#5 SphtKr76

SphtKr76

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 09 March 2009 - 05:10 PM

QUOTE(Crunchbite @ Mar 8 2009, 10:26 PM) View Post

The NXE gets installed to the internal NAND memory, not a memory card(or even the internal one) or harddrive. Go ahead and install the NXE, it doesn't matter if you have a harddrive or not.

THen why does it tell you that it requires 128 MB of space uhh.gif

#6 Ranger72

Ranger72

MOD GOD

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,807 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 09 March 2009 - 08:18 PM

QUOTE(Crunchbite @ Mar 9 2009, 05:26 AM) View Post

The basic NXE data gets installed onto the nand. But most of the data needs to be stored on a memory unit (internal or external) or hard drive.

On all of my Jasper 360's I use I have it installed onto the internal 256mb MU.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users