#1 Lugnut

Lugnut

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 02:58 AM

Ok i started a new thread on this,

I have made up a mod that i need tested.

Basically what i have is a hybrid project.

It has tactile switches in the back for r/f but you can also change it with the programming button to allow you to use the triggers instead.

2. when used in r/f mode with tactile switches you can change it to give you a right side burst (this will disable the left side r/f button though )

3. When used in trigger mode, the programming button can be quickly pressed to change it for dual wielding.

4. by using the rear tactile buttons you are able to program in how many shots per second you wish the r/f to utilize in either mode. I did this in hopes to be able to save people from having to reprogram the chips for every game/gun combination.

So if there's anyone willing to build the controller with my diagram. Who has 12f683 chips and a programmer please IM me. I'd prefer non noobs, well trusted in the community.

Thanks.

#2 Om3ga Sn1per

Om3ga Sn1per

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6c
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 08 March 2009 - 05:48 AM

i just ordered some chips and they came in yesterday so i could but one together what are you look for again CG Or Matrix?

#3 killer skittle

killer skittle

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 245 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 08 March 2009 - 06:44 AM

Send it my way, ill do it, i got some extra chips laying around! to see my work go here: I Know What Im Doing! tongue.gif

p.s. i can do it on either controller but CG is preferred!

Edited by killer skittle, 08 March 2009 - 06:46 AM.

#4 Salincer

Salincer

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 08 March 2009 - 07:08 AM

Ive done plenty of the 12f683's....how many buttons do you need?

#5 Lugnut

Lugnut

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 10:21 AM

oh sorry didnt realize i didnt post the parts requirments.

You're gonna need:

1. single 12f683 chip
2. couple of resistors ( only 2 mandatory) 1 pc 10k for pullup resistor. 1 pc for led.
3. 3 tactile switches.

Let me know if you guys got the parts and you want in, I'll take you 3 since its first come first serve :-)

Im looking for mainly a cg controller user, I know the matrix/cg code detection is working on the matrix controllers but i need to know if it works on a cg too, the controller will still work if i got it wrong but it would have a slight lag before the first bullet comes out if it detected it wrong.

Edited by Lugnut, 08 March 2009 - 10:24 AM.

#6 Om3ga Sn1per

Om3ga Sn1per

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6c

Posted 08 March 2009 - 04:56 PM

yea i am going to radio shack so i will pick up some resitors so you want
1, 10k reistor
2, and 1 led
3 and can you list what restors.
Thanks

#7 killer skittle

killer skittle

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 06:25 PM

QUOTE(Lugnut @ Mar 8 2009, 10:57 AM) View Post

oh sorry didnt realize i didnt post the parts requirments.

You're gonna need:

1. single 12f683 chip
2. couple of resistors ( only 2 mandatory) 1 pc 10k for pullup resistor. 1 pc for led.
3. 3 tactile switches.

I got that stuff right now!

#8 Lugnut

Lugnut

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 09:10 PM

om3ga sorry you misunderstood me you wont need a led, we're gonna use the 4th quad led. On my test controller i actually dont bother using a resistor but i can see that the 4th quad led is very bright and i really should add one but i dont care about that right now, By guessing and maybe by looking in the other cod5 thread you might find the value of the resistor needed for the led, I think something like a 100 ohm would work.

Guys send me a private message with your email address's So i can send you the wiring diagram. I still have a few alterations im going to make to the hex code but I'll get that done soon. At least you'll have it wired already.

Once the wiring is straightened out by us ( led values etc) i will redo the picture and then post it on this thread.

#9 Protolisk

Protolisk

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 401 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 09 March 2009 - 01:00 AM

hey lugnut. I got those things already and a few CG controllers. So I can test it if you want. BTW are you programming them in BASIC with a special programmer. Just asking caus I might do that since this assembly is really confusing.

#10 Gfaja

Gfaja

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 01:23 AM

how do you get it to read from and write to the same pin (i.e. center pin of the trigger pot)

#11 Lugnut

Lugnut

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 02:00 AM

proto send me your email addy in private message and ill send you the diagram and hex.

Yes the basic is much easier for me especially since alot of it is somewhat similar to the way you program the picaxe,

You could try one of the free basic's but i didnt have any luck until i ran into the picbasic from melabs trial. Once i went to the help section and looked at all the command list i knew right away that was the one for me to use. However it's a pretty penny to buy. But i think it was worth it. It will help me with alot of other projects now. And i can just buy 12f683's in bulk from mouser.com to offset shipping price. In the end will be alot cheaper than picaxe's

i will tell you however, the picaxes, i think are garbage now, they always sputtered and skipped on me and i think its because of all that other crap code that they got on the thing already. I cant believe how much smoother the trigger firing is using basic.

gfaja what are you using a picaxe? with picaxe editor?

on picaxe an output can be done as low 1 or high 1

if you want to read a digital signal, you can simply say if pin1 = 1 etc

Edited by Lugnut, 09 March 2009 - 02:05 AM.

#12 killer skittle

killer skittle

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 02:02 AM

Got your email, its looks FREAKIN SWEET! little late at night right now for me, ill get started right away tomorrow!

#13 Lugnut

Lugnut

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 02:10 AM

take your time guys im in no rush. again i left it up to you guys where you wanted to put all the tactiles etc.

i did the left/right in the traditional places. and put the programming tactile between the d pad and right analog stick. i route the wires right along the edge of the dpad where it meets the analog stick circle. you see there's sorta a slit there that the wires fit in nicely then i just tagged it with a drop of hot glue so it doesnt move.

on the test controller i put the chip in place of the left rumble motor. this way i only had to run 2 wires to the right tactile switch and to the right center trigger pin. if i was to have put the chip in place of the right motor i would of had to run 3 wires to left side of stick. ( power, left tactile, left trigger)

#14 d1nk3r

d1nk3r

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts
  • Interests:<br />&lt;img src=&quot;http://card.mygamercard.net/d1nk3r.png&quot;&gt;<br />
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 09 March 2009 - 03:05 AM

can't wait to get started!

looks sweet man!

#15 killer skittle

killer skittle

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 04:28 AM

QUOTE(Lugnut @ Mar 9 2009, 02:46 AM) View Post

on the test controller i put the chip in place of the left rumble motor. this way i only had to run 2 wires to the right tactile switch and to the right center trigger pin. if i was to have put the chip in place of the right motor i would of had to run 3 wires to left side of stick. ( power, left tactile, left trigger)

I did this for the original rapid fire so i could prototype the different speeds, works out nice!
IPB Image
IPB Image
DISCLAIMER:
PEOPLE PREPARE TO READ THIS THREAD IS GONNA GET LONG

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users