• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 IzzI7117

IzzI7117

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 07:33 AM

I tryed to flash Samsung with 1.5 on it with 1.51 in jungle flasher followed all the directions but when it started to write it came up with write failed on all 3 banks. Now computer wont recognize the drive in jungle flasher or in dos with iprep 8. Not coming up as an option. Also when i go back into jungle flasher and turn on the drive it freezes my computer for approximately 1 minute then frees up for a few seconds and freezes again. I put a drive that i had flashed prior and that showed up fine. So i think that Jungle flasher erased the FW. I cant get the orignal back onto it and was wondering if anybody new how to or could point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance.

#2 Traviss63

Traviss63

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 338 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 09 March 2009 - 07:37 AM

You booted the Samsung with the tray half way ejected and then booted Jungle Flasher?

Edited by Traviss63, 09 March 2009 - 07:37 AM.

#3 baughny

baughny

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 02:05 PM

I had many an issue too like this. I did however leave it plugged in when it didn't verify. Erased, then wrote again. I went through this multiple times until eventually it wrote without error and verified.
On a seperate occasion this weekend I also erased and spoofed a Samsung. This again was problematic and after the write JF threw a hissy fit and would no longer work with said drive.
I eventually erased it using DOSFlash in full auto mode to seek out the port etc. I, erased the drive, wrote firmware to it then, out of curiosity read it back using JF under Windows. This time around it saw the drive no problem.
I would say your best bet is to use DOSFlash to erase it.

Edited by baughny, 09 March 2009 - 02:07 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users