16 replies to this topic

#1 Jobe33

Jobe33

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 08:49 PM

Hey guys,
i just want to get this right. Mode b is for recognizing the drive in Windows. The CK3 has a button for that, so my drive is already recognized by windows.
BUT in the jungleflasher tutorial for iXtreme1.51 it sais
Once it inquires, Click, send ModeB, you will be presented with the following message, its
advised you do as it states as the ModeB button on Connectivity Kit, can cause issues

So now what? Do i still have to click mode B button in JF when my drive was detected, and which light should it be on CK3 , red or blue, mode b on or off?
Cause JF TUT says
If using a connectivity kit open tray now with button. Power off your hitachi drive, then press ok to continue. when you see the dots power on the drive you will see inquiry. wait 15 seconds for windows to recognise it...

BUT THEY DONT TELL ME IF THE MODE B BUTTON ON THE CK3 SHOULD BE ON OR OFF .... ?!

Jobe

#2 syntaxerror329

syntaxerror329

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,330 posts
  • Interests:Mountain Biking, Downhill Skiing, Xbox Mod Chips, Xbox Repair, Wiikey, ARGON, D2pro, XBOX360,
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.1 (opus)

Posted 09 March 2009 - 09:16 PM

If you are going to use the Jugleflasher method to get the mode then you would not use the CK3 mode b button. (so it would be off)

I use Maximus Firmware toolbox myself. Good luck.

If you end up with a bricked drive please make a new thread, Everyone here loves that smile.gif

#3 Jobe33

Jobe33

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 09:45 PM

So what would you say, which one is the saver method? And is it better to uninstall the via drivers when using the jungleflasher and this method?

Jobe

#4 syntaxerror329

syntaxerror329

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,330 posts
  • Interests:Mountain Biking, Downhill Skiing, Xbox Mod Chips, Xbox Repair, Wiikey, ARGON, D2pro, XBOX360,

Posted 09 March 2009 - 11:17 PM

I don't use jungle flasher.

I suggest you use your mode b button then restore with max toolbox make a customer 1.51 firmware with firmtool and flash it with max toolbox.

Hopefully maximus will offer a smart hack patcher v1.51 soon for toolbox!

#5 Keezie

Keezie

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 11:43 PM

using my maximus xtractor, i hit the mode b button and followed the instructions on the screen. i also put in the 79 unlock cd while the tray was open, and as soon as it was done putting it in mode b i hit the "79 cd" button

i'm not sure how the ck3 works, but i don't think you'll have any issues doing it like the guide suggests. your best bet is to follow the guide.

#6 syntaxerror329

syntaxerror329

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,330 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 11:47 PM

If you have a 79 then none of the button methods even work for mode b.

Either you need a slax disk or modeb for command prompt or the built in mode b functions.

I am using Maximus toolbox 4.8 not his new tool for the extractor.

#7 Keezie

Keezie

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 11:58 PM

i didn't use my slax disc, or ANY other method to get my 79 into mode b with the new jungle flasher 1.51. i literally plugged my drive in, turned it on, opened JF, hit "Mode B", opened tray and turned it off like the prompt says, turned it back on once the "....." showed up, and bam, it was in mode b. i used the 79 unlock disc, restored the OFW, and reflashed all in about 5 minutes

#8 Jobe33

Jobe33

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 03:16 AM

its an old 47

So i turn the mode b button on the ck3 to off, and try the method with the open tray .. waiting for dots... bla bla bla like the jungleflasher tut says...

but would you prefer uninstalling the via drivers or is the pc only freezing when erasing the liteon firmware. because i dont want to risk something ...
if it doesnt make any differents for the hitachi i would just keep them installed ...

Thank for help!

Jobe

#9 cougarlg

cougarlg

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 05:46 AM

QUOTE(syntaxerror329 @ Mar 9 2009, 07:23 PM) View Post

If you have a 79 then none of the button methods even work for mode b.

Either you need a slax disk or modeb for command prompt or the built in mode b functions.

I am using Maximus toolbox 4.8 not his new tool for the extractor.

For some reason this method does not work for me on my 79. When I do it windows freezes up and runs sluggish and the dots just keep going. I've tried it several times and with slax and modeb executable with no success. mad.gif

#10 hardie

hardie

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 06 April 2009 - 05:55 AM

just follow the tutorial from page 44 mode b and half tray
are you using portio drivers or winapi application as you ned to read in regagard to disabling via card driver if you have one if not as syntaxerror329 said use toolbox 4.8
you need to do some reading

#11 JD45

JD45

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 09:29 PM

QUOTE(cougarlg @ Apr 5 2009, 10:22 PM) View Post

For some reason this method does not work for me on my 79. When I do it windows freezes up and runs sluggish and the dots just keep going. I've tried it several times and with slax and modeb executable with no success. mad.gif

use the latest jungleflasher. now you don't have to power cycle your dvd drive. you just open the tray, leave it on, and press mode b. then your drive will open and close and it will be in mode b.

#12 cougarlg

cougarlg

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 12:04 AM

QUOTE(JD45 @ Apr 6 2009, 05:05 PM) View Post

use the latest jungleflasher. now you don't have to power cycle your dvd drive. you just open the tray, leave it on, and press mode b. then your drive will open and close and it will be in mode b.

Tried that and still get nowhere. It stops, then keeps putting dots. I've tried so many combinations and tried slax a few more times with no success.

#13 MickRick

MickRick

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 311 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 10 April 2009 - 12:33 AM

Try uninstalling/disbling any virtual drive software you may use, like Daemon Tools. I've found that helps.

#14 RRoD420

RRoD420

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 433 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 10 April 2009 - 01:06 AM

It's freezing when you see the dots because you have your VIA drivers installed!! I had this problem and figured it all out. Uninstall the VIA drivers. If you use the Port IO method you don't even need windows to see it as another drive letter PORT IO sends commands directly to the port. SO...

- Uninstall VIA drivers and restart (follow the instructions in the JungleFlasher Tutorial to do this correctly.)
- Connect the drive to the connectivity kit with mode B OFF. (CK3 - light is blue)
- Turn on the drive and start jungleflasher.
- Go to the Hitach tab and hit Mode B. (make sure you have the correct port selected. Mine is DF00 the status will show a Hitachi drive)
- Follow the instructions (eject the drive then turn it off. hit OK and when you see the dots - TURN IT ON)

As long as it's not a 78/79 you can continue to flash just make sure you have Port IO selected instead of WinAPI. (78/79 drives require the unlock CD after Mode B.)

WinAPI means it flashes through the drive letter. Which means, you can go this route if you turn on the Mode B button on your connectivity kit and reboot. Windows will detect the drive and you can skip the mode B feature in junglflasher (as it's already recognized in windows) and use WinAPI. If you turn off the Mode B and follow my instructions above then JungleFlasher can use Port IO (MUCH MORE RELIABLE). If you decide to go the Port IO way and have the mode B button OFF on the connectivity kit and you DO have your VIA drivers installed, you will experience EXACTLY what you see... FREEZING. Simple. biggrin.gif

Edited by RRoD420, 10 April 2009 - 01:12 AM.

#15 cougarlg

cougarlg

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 02:18 AM

QUOTE(RRoD420 @ Apr 9 2009, 08:42 PM) View Post

It's freezing when you see the dots because you have your VIA drivers installed!! I had this problem and figured it all out. Uninstall the VIA drivers. If you use the Port IO method you don't even need windows to see it as another drive letter PORT IO sends commands directly to the port. SO...

- Uninstall VIA drivers and restart (follow the instructions in the JungleFlasher Tutorial to do this correctly.)
- Connect the drive to the connectivity kit with mode B OFF. (CK3 - light is blue)
- Turn on the drive and start jungleflasher.
- Go to the Hitach tab and hit Mode B. (make sure you have the correct port selected. Mine is DF00 the status will show a Hitachi drive)
- Follow the instructions (eject the drive then turn it off. hit OK and when you see the dots - TURN IT ON)

As long as it's not a 78/79 you can continue to flash just make sure you have Port IO selected instead of WinAPI. (78/79 drives require the unlock CD after Mode B.)

WinAPI means it flashes through the drive letter. Which means, you can go this route if you turn on the Mode B button on your connectivity kit and reboot. Windows will detect the drive and you can skip the mode B feature in junglflasher (as it's already recognized in windows) and use WinAPI. If you turn off the Mode B and follow my instructions above then JungleFlasher can use Port IO (MUCH MORE RELIABLE). If you decide to go the Port IO way and have the mode B button OFF on the connectivity kit and you DO have your VIA drivers installed, you will experience EXACTLY what you see... FREEZING. Simple. biggrin.gif

ok were getting somewhere. Freezing stops however JF cannot see the drive. I tried sending modeb to every i/o and no dice. PortIO is installed so I still don't understand why it won't see the drive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users