It's freezing when you see the dots because you have your VIA drivers installed!! I had this problem and figured it all out. Uninstall the VIA drivers. If you use the Port IO method you don't even need windows to see it as another drive letter PORT IO sends commands directly to the port. SO...
- Uninstall VIA drivers and restart (follow the instructions in the JungleFlasher Tutorial to do this correctly.)
- Connect the drive to the connectivity kit with mode B OFF. (CK3 - light is blue)
- Turn on the drive and start jungleflasher.
- Go to the Hitach tab and hit Mode B. (make sure you have the correct port selected. Mine is DF00 the status will show a Hitachi drive)
- Follow the instructions (eject the drive then turn it off. hit OK and when you see the dots - TURN IT ON)
As long as it's not a 78/79 you can continue to flash just make sure you have Port IO selected instead of WinAPI. (78/79 drives require the unlock CD after Mode B.)
WinAPI means it flashes through the drive letter. Which means, you can go this route if you turn on the Mode B button on your connectivity kit and reboot. Windows will detect the drive and you can skip the mode B feature in junglflasher (as it's already recognized in windows) and use WinAPI. If you turn off the Mode B and follow my instructions above then JungleFlasher can use Port IO (MUCH MORE RELIABLE). If you decide to go the Port IO way and have the mode B button OFF on the connectivity kit and you DO have your VIA drivers installed, you will experience EXACTLY what you see... FREEZING. Simple.
Edited by RRoD420, 10 April 2009 - 01:12 AM.