27 replies to this topic

#1 kyu112

kyu112

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 22 June 2003 - 07:35 AM

Ok, a little background first.. I have an xbox v1.0 and an xecuter2lite (w/ pogo pins). One day I turned on my xbox, and apparently my modchip slipped and got misaligned from the d0 and/or LPC points (therefore the evox dashboard did not load). So I opened the xbox up and tried to aligned the pogo pins with the respective d0 and LPC points. When I tried to start up the console, I got an error screen with the number 16 at the top left corner. I checked the tutorial section on the xbox-scene website and found out the error was associated with the dashboard. Sooooooo, my question is, how do I solve this problem?
Is there a way to go back to the default dash? Do I need to connect the xbox and a PC though a network and replace the evox dash (quite possibly corrupted) with an updated one? Please provide any solutions to resolve my xbox problem. It will be highly appreciated.

#2 staticFLINT

staticFLINT

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,414 posts
  • Interests:my only interest is making sure i always have fun with what i am doing... lets go be lame! yEAH!!
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 22 June 2003 - 08:52 AM

sounds like your mod-chip stoped working and now when it loads off the M$ Bios it gets the evoluion-x xbe and can't load it cause its unsigned code.... the solution, fix your mod-chip!

#3 kyu112

kyu112

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 23 June 2003 - 12:29 AM

QUOTE (staticFLINT @ Jun 22 2003, 10:52 AM)
sounds like your mod-chip stoped working and now when it loads off the M$ Bios it gets the evoluion-x xbe and can't load it cause its unsigned code.... the solution, fix your mod-chip!

First off, are you certain that my modchip needs to be fixed? If so, how exactly can I fix my xecuter2lite modchip? Any suggestions (besides resorting to buying a new one)? Oh and I forgot, I tried booting the xbox without the modchip in place, and it still gives me this error (I don't know if this new information helps or not..).

#4 DermicSavage

DermicSavage

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 23 June 2003 - 02:52 AM

is evox named xboxdash.xbe?

if it is, then i suggest u check the connections again, cause it sounds like it isnt turning on...

and if all else fails, then the chip is prolly busted

#5 trob

trob

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts

Posted 23 June 2003 - 02:56 AM

Boot up into msdash and check the clock. If your clock needs to be set your bios chip will not boot. Set the clock.
Post your results.

#6 bb07

bb07

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 23 June 2003 - 02:59 AM

yeah,your going to have 2 fix or buy a new chip
to ftp and fix your dashboard.
dry.gif that sucks

#7 kyu112

kyu112

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 23 June 2003 - 04:14 AM

The clock setup screen doesn't show. I guess I could check all the connections, and see if they're secure. But if all else fails, how can I FIX the modchip (if it is a busted modchip)? How can I SEE that it's fried?

Oh, and do you guys think it's JUST the modchip that's acting up and not the xbox? I know I'm asking a lot of questions, but I'm so damn frustrated right now.. mad.gif

#8 animex2

animex2

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 812 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 23 June 2003 - 12:27 PM

did you try soldering it? I got countless errors working with my pogo pin, i just threw it out laugh.gif

#9 trob

trob

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts

Posted 23 June 2003 - 01:16 PM

Disable the chip or better yet take the chip off and see if your xbox boots normally. If so then you have isolated the issue to the chip.
Next if the xbox is ok, throw the pogo pins out the window or solder them. You will be much happier.
Once you have a properly attached chip, boot up your xbox (make sure your clock is set) and continue on.

#10 jopo

jopo

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 23 June 2003 - 05:35 PM

QUOTE (animex2 @ Jun 23 2003, 02:27 PM)
did you try soldering it? I got countless errors working with my pogo pin, i just threw it out laugh.gif

yea same here when ever i bought my x2p with pogopins after about 30 minutes of trying to get them alligned i just said "screwit" and soldered them on, lol

#11 stinknugget

stinknugget

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 23 June 2003 - 05:43 PM

i had a similar problem with my matrix chip........the receiver stretches over time .......so i found a nut and bolt small enough to bolt the matrix to the board then filed down the receiver on the case.......flash the chip before reinstalling and havent had a problem since nice tight fight........oh yea....use lock washers on the top and bottom of the mobo....then throw it down the stairs.....youll notice everything else broke.....but the matrix is on there rock solid....

#12 kyu112

kyu112

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 24 June 2003 - 08:22 AM

QUOTE (trob @ Jun 23 2003, 03:16 PM)
Disable the chip or better yet take the chip off and see if your xbox boots normally. If so then you have isolated the issue to the chip.

The thing is, I get the same error even when the modchip is completely off. The error is associated to the dashboard (I read somewhere on the xbox-scene site what the error 16 meant). So I guess the problem is isolated in the xbox (probably a corrupted dashboard file). But some ppl have been saying that it could also be the modchip (read the first couple replies).. I'm so damn confused..

#13 LaMagra

LaMagra

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 24 June 2003 - 09:14 AM

sounds like u renamed the xboxdash.xbe that was originally on the xbox an most probably renamed evoxdash to xboxdash.xbe did u do this ????

#14 trob

trob

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts

Posted 24 June 2003 - 01:09 PM

Yes, you must have over-written your xboxdash.xbe file. Your going to have to get your mod chip working for sure and boot up to a cdrw. I dont know if you can run the original ms xboxdash.xbe from a cdrw, has anyone done this?

#15 LaMagra

LaMagra

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 24 June 2003 - 02:07 PM

dude does your xbox boot up with a boot-cd???? if so u have killed or renamed your original xboxdash.xbe file which is pretty easy to fix so don't panic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users