Photo

I Burnt My Lite-on Drive What Sould I Do?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 5and5

5and5

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 01:43 AM

I burnt my lite-on drive and i wanted to know were i come buy a new one and how to replace it or if one could do it for me and how much it would cost?

#2 Ranger72

Ranger72

MOD GOD

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,805 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 10 March 2009 - 03:37 AM

How did you burn it and did you get the drive key before it got burned?

#3 brando56894

brando56894

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 10 March 2009 - 07:41 AM

If its physically burnt you'll have to get a new one, but from what i've seen from my lite-on drive they arent dead they just look dead. Check the connections, try rebooting the computer or disconnecting and reconnecting everything, and just keep on trying to flash it and you'll get it eventually. I thought my drive was broken when it wouldnt show up anywhere and wouldnt eject, I kept messing with it and eventually it accepted the flash.

#4 5and5

5and5

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 07:58 AM

I droped it they when and i went to tested it to see if it still worked smoke started coming from it the xbox still works but the drive is burnt it broken it right befor i could get the key so no i dont got the key dose that mean there is no way to fixs it sad.gif Or is there someone who could fixs the drive?

#5 Ranger72

Ranger72

MOD GOD

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,805 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 12 March 2009 - 06:40 PM

If the drive it toasted like you said and you do not have the key it is very likely you will need to buy a new 360.

The Liteon drives does not have a tsop you can remove to read the key with an external programmer so it looks like you are out of luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users