• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Emunewbie

Emunewbie

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 09:18 PM

I have scummvm installed on my xbox; however, I don't know how to run the games that I downloaded. Every game that I downloaded came w/ a .bin and .cue file. I tried to open the read me for scummvm, but was unable to get it open. Thanks for the help.

#2 Red_Breast

Red_Breast

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 107 posts
  • Interests:Sci-fi. Wizards, orcs, elves are turned away except if you're first name's Liv. Reading. Games.
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 10 March 2009 - 10:03 PM

QUOTE(Emunewbie @ Mar 10 2009, 08:54 PM) View Post

I have scummvm installed on my xbox; however, I don't know how to run the games that I downloaded. Every game that I downloaded came w/ a .bin and .cue file. I tried to open the read me for scummvm, but was unable to get it open. Thanks for the help.

I like to help people with Scummvm. I do it over on the official forum however the official forum turns away people who have clearly obtained the game without paying. Go check with a search for something like bin/cue.
I think this forum has the same attitude. Whatever, that's my approach.
Whilst you may have reasons for obtaining the game by download which are OK for example you purchased the game already but the disc is scratched so much it's unplayable again I'll take the official forums stance. In this case usually some sort of proof is needed like a photo of the game box and scratched disc.
Maybe others might help but it's like all things. Google is your friend.
http://www.google.co...&...earch&meta=

#3 Emunewbie

Emunewbie

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 02:33 AM

QUOTE(Red_Breast @ Mar 10 2009, 04:39 PM) View Post

I like to help people with Scummvm. I do it over on the official forum however the official forum turns away people who have clearly obtained the game without paying. Go check with a search for something like bin/cue.
I think this forum has the same attitude. Whatever, that's my approach.
Whilst you may have reasons for obtaining the game by download which are OK for example you purchased the game already but the disc is scratched so much it's unplayable again I'll take the official forums stance. In this case usually some sort of proof is needed like a photo of the game box and scratched disc.
Maybe others might help but it's like all things. Google is your friend.
http://www.google.co...&...earch&meta=

I had both Full Throttle and Curse of Monkey island 3 back in the day! I understand what .bin/.cue files are, but my question is about exactly how I go about running these files on the xbox. Hopefully you can answer this question.

#4 Red_Breast

Red_Breast

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 107 posts
  • Interests:Sci-fi. Wizards, orcs, elves are turned away except if you're first name's Liv. Reading. Games.
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 11 March 2009 - 05:38 PM

bin/cue files are CD/DVD disc images just like iso.
Install something like Daemon Tools Lite to give your PC a virtual optical drive. In Win XP this gives you an icon in the system tray. Right-click it and choose 'mount image'. A box comes up for you to point Daemon towards the folder where the bin/cue is.
Once mounted check My Computer to find the virtual drive. 'Open/Explore' it to find the game files. The files needed will have to be FTPed to a folder (example name 'ft') on the Xbox hard drive.
From there it's the same as most games in Scummvm. Click 'Add Game' in the Scummvm menu and point it to the ft folder. It should be recognised.
Post if you have problems. I'll try to keep my eye on the forum.

Full Throttle Scummvm files needed

Daemon Tools Lite download

Edit.
Note with Full Throttle the Scummvm wiki does things a little different. It lists the files not needed ('except') for the DATA and VIDEO folders.

Edited by Red_Breast, 11 March 2009 - 05:43 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users