X-S Transcendental

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,568 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 19 April 2010 - 05:30 AM

QUOTE(ressurectionx @ Apr 18 2010, 07:36 PM) View Post
2) TGCD games don't work in the creator. They use the .CUE file to run, but it looks like it's making a single cut for any track that was an ISO instead. Any idea how to tailor the creator for TGCD use separate so it only looks for .PCE, .ZIP and .CUE files?

To memory, don't CUE files go with BIN files, not ISO...? Is there some sort of weird exception I don't know about here, or is that what you meant?

QUOTE(ressurectionx @ Apr 18 2010, 07:36 PM) View Post
3) Possible problem with PSX games. Every file for PSX games will have the same name, whether it's 1 or 4 per CD. If we have it looking only for the image file types that run, it shouldn't be a problem.

I don't know of any circumstance where there'd be more then two files per CD (You'd either have an IMG file, an ISO file, or both a BIN and a CUE file, right?). Could you provide examples of where this figure'd be higher?

(ISOs might be accompanied with MP3 files, like some SegaCD emulators accept - not really the point here, I suppose...).

Edited by Bomb Bloke, 19 April 2010 - 05:37 AM.

#107 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 05:58 AM

QUOTE(Bomb Bloke @ Apr 18 2010, 11:30 PM) View Post

To memory, don't CUE files go with BIN files, not ISO...? Is there some sort of weird exception I don't know about here, or is that what you meant?

The TGCD games I have are ripped into ISO/MP3 files. Controlling these files is the .CUE files.

The CUE file is the only file in the folder for each game that share's the games name. For example, here's what Bonk III looks like:

CD - Bonk III - Bonk's Big Adventure.cue
track01.mp3
track02.iso
track03.mp3
track04.mp3
track05.mp3
track06.mp3
track07.mp3
track08.mp3
track09.mp3
etc....

Only by selecting the .CUE file can you launch the game, which turns out to be a good thing for us since it's the only file inside the folder with a name for the game we're launching.

I don't know of any circumstance where there'd be more then two files per CD (You'd either have an IMG file, an ISO file, or both a BIN and a CUE file, right?). Could you provide examples of where this figure'd be higher?

(ISOs might be accompanied with MP3 files, like some SegaCD emulators accept - not really the point here, I suppose...).

PSX games generally come in several formats (at least these are the only ones I know that work on XBox):
BIN
BIN/CUE
CCD/IMG/SUB
CCD/CUE/IMG/SUB
ISO

Here, we would want the program to make a shortcut for every BIN, IMG & ISO file... while completely ignoring the CUE, CCD & SUB files. This is completely different than the TGCD games where you would only want to recognize the CUE file instead of the ISO files. It's just the matter of how each emu handles the CD's differently.

#108 Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke

X-S Transcendental

• Head Moderators
  • 6,568 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 07:31 AM

I see. Indeed, it'd be quite difficult to get the program to automatically determine which extension to use based on the system, so what I've done is stick the list of the extensions it hunts for in the INI file ("CutCreator.ini").

So, all you gotta do edit that list to replace ISO with CUE when dealing with the TGCD games, and change it back to normal when dealing with other systems (eg PSX).

This also allows people to add whatever other extensions they want to work with (eg VMS) without bugging me to do another compile. Shoulda done this ages ago. laugh.gif

#109 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 04:16 PM

Thanks man. That ought to solve any extension issues just fine.

One more request....

Is there a way we could have another .ini file made where we can put the 3 directories the 2 batch's ask for?

Where is your parent rom directory on your PC?
Where is your parent rom directory on your XBox?
Where is your emu located on your XBox?

This would be really nice to have so you can make a different folder for each system and easily update the shortcuts in the future if you add any new games.

Thanks again bud. You've saved me months of work with your different scripts you've created for me,
~Rx

#110 Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke

X-S Transcendental

• Head Moderators
  • 6,568 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 04:12 AM

I've added some parameter support that should sort all that for you.

"GenerateDirectoryListing.bat" takes two arguments, first is the target search directory, second is where the ROMs are located on the console.

"CutCreator.bat" also takes two: If you use "/defaults", it won't ask you any questions when it runs (it'll assume everything in the listing/INI files is correct). You may also specify an alternate INI file to use by simply throwing in its name as an arguement as well.

What this means in practical terms is that you can create your own batch files to run the programs for you, using pre-determined inputs. The contents of a batch file designed to work with, say, your Atari 2600 ROMs would look something like this:

call GenerateDirectoryListing.bat "E:\WhereTheseAreOnYourPC" "F:\Media\A2600\Roms\(1) Licensed\(1_1) US\"
call CutCreator.bat /defaults "Atari 2600.ini"

Where "Atari 2600.ini" is a copy of the original "CutCreator.ini", but modified to work with that specific ROM set (eg, you'd set the "EmulatorXBE" line to read "F:\Emulators\(04) ATARI\2600\default.xbe").

Running this new batch would first create the directory listing file, then create the shortcuts, all in one go. Create one of these batches for each platform, and from then on you can very quickly generate new CUT listings just by double clicking 'em.

Edit:

You could also add a third line to move the CUTs from the output folder to where you actually want them to end up, if you wanted. It'd read something like this.

move "output\*.*" "C:\FolderWhereYouWantTheCUTsToGo" /Y

Edited by Bomb Bloke, 20 April 2010 - 04:43 AM.

#111 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 10:37 AM

Took me a while to figure out what you were talking about, but wow... that's awesome! laugh.gif

Thanks for the tips. I'll make one for each system and give instructions on what to change if anything you have is different than what I have.

Got a new one for ya now..... Say somebody got this all set up, but now their only problem is that they have to organize the .CUT files by hand (like I did). Is there a way that we could use the listing output to make another .BAT file convert all the PNG files in the main "Output" folder to TBN files, and then move them next to their respective .CUT files?

EDIT: We're not actually "converting" the images. A simple rename from *.PNG to *.TBN is all that needs to be done.

Edited by ressurectionx, 20 April 2010 - 10:38 AM.

#112 Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke

X-S Transcendental

• Head Moderators
  • 6,568 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 11:00 AM

Create a batch file in your PNG folder that reads like this:

ren *.png *.tbn
move *.tbn "C:\FolderWhereYouWantAllYourTBNsToGo"

#113 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 04:06 PM

There are many different sub-folders. How would you get them all to go to the right place with that command? Wouldn't you somehow have to use the directory listing file to do so?

#114 Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke

X-S Transcendental

• Head Moderators
  • 6,568 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 08:02 AM

... Sub-folders of what? Systems? Genres? Or do you mean art?

#115 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 06:40 PM

A while back you altered the program so if you used the batch on the PC instead of the python script on the box, it would also scan all sub-directories and make cuts for them. Depending on the system, there can be about 20 sub-folders (licensed, unlicensed, pirate, etc.) that these cuts are located in, as well as pointing to.

The trouble, is that I had to move all of the TBN files into the correct folders by hand, using the Compare feature in FlashFXP. This added quite a long time to the process.

I was hoping that there could be a way that we could use the directory listing file to move these TBN files into the correct folders where the .CUT files exist with a click of a button instead of doing this all by hand every time. It would make sense if we could somehow use the directory listing file to do this, since the TBN images share the exact same name as the games in that file, except they have the .TBN extension.

It's too late for me, since I've already completed this work, but maybe it would be useful to others who don't want their file structure as rigid as mine and would rather make their own .CUT files without all the hassle.

#116 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 04:15 AM

I know what I'm asking is complicated BB, so please let me know if you need any clarification for what I'm attempting to have automated here.

Thanks a ton,
~Rx

#117 Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke

X-S Transcendental

• Head Moderators
  • 6,568 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 11:00 AM

No, my memory's been jogged and I understand now. Reckon I'll scribble something out tomorrow.

#118 Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke

X-S Transcendental

• Head Moderators
  • 6,568 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 01:25 PM

'scuse the delay.

"GenerateDirectoryListing.bat" now accepts a third parameter, the path to your art directory (be it filled with wide thumbs, box art, screencaps, whatever - just so long as the filenames match those of your ROMs, and use JPG or PNG extensions).

When provided with this parameter, it'll create a secondary listing file ("Thumbs.lst") in addition to the usual "listing.txt". "CutCreator.bat" will use this to copy your art into the Output folder, while renaming the images to use TBN extensions as it goes.

Hence you could create a new "automated" batch file that reads like this:

call GenerateDirectoryListing.bat "PCROMPath" "X-BoxROMPath" "PCArtPath"
call CutCreator.bat /defaults "SystemSpecificINI.ini"

#119 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 10:08 PM

Cool man... no worries on the delay. I've moved on to other things at the moment but plan to check this out and see if we need to do anything else. I'm going to try to make a package of TBN files and configs with the instructions to change any directories if people have my stuff but haven't stayed true to the layout.

Thanks,
~Rx

#120 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 04:23 AM

Hey BB,

For that "PC Art Path" what would be the variable I would put so that it ran the commands from the current directory, no matter where it is?

What would be the one if I wanted it to run from a folder called "Thumbnails" in the current directory?

Kinda like how "D:\" is the signifier for the current directory on the XBox.

EDIT: Figured it out...

"%CD%\Thumbnails\"

I still haven't gotten anything to work with the new code yet, but I'll let you know how it goes.

EDIT 2: I'm using the following code for the A7800.bat

CODE
call GenerateDirectoryListing.bat "F:\XBox\F\Media\A7800\Roms" "F:\Media\A7800\Roms" "%CD%\Thumbnails"
call CutCreator.bat /defaults "A7800.ini"

Now when it runs, instead of automatically doing the generate directory listing, it asks:

Type the parent folder you wish to scan:

Did I do something wrong with the .bat file code, or is something broke since the new code to handle the thumbnail files has been added?

Nevermind.... I screwed some things up. I think I know what happened. Let me work on it some more.

Edited by ressurectionx, 30 April 2010 - 04:57 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users