• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ShadowPhantom000

ShadowPhantom000

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 01:02 PM

Im Just about to start a 360 laptop project, ive seen them all over and I'm Prepared for the Challenge, I have been thinking about Water cooling in the 360, but i haven't done a Water cooling Project before... so obviously I have a TON of questions.

The first being about Water cooling in General... I plan to be moving my 360 around with me fairly often... How safe is water cooling in a Laptop-esk Device? I'm obviously going to be Picking it up, and I have a Laptop bag im going to be using it to move it around... if I turn it Sideways or upside down... Will it leak or is everything Sealed after installation(asuming you seal everything right)

Second What do Water Coolers Run on? Do I need a Separate Power suply or can I use the Power from the Fan's? Also for reference, i'm trying to make it Slim but I have a very wide case... because I'm using a 19 inch LCD So Room Dosent seem to be a problem in theory but Smaller the Better... Any Parts suggestions?

For now thats all I can think of. any assistance would be appreciated.

#2 Bandit5317

Bandit5317

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 10:37 PM

If everything is mounted and sealed correctly then it won't leak. A liquid cooling system will need power for the pump and the fan(s). You should be able to run both the pump and the fans off the 360s PSU via a 12v source on the motherboard. I was able to use all of the parts from a Thermaltake Tidewater Plus to make a small liquid cooling system for the 360 (besides the fans). It cools a Falcon motherboard decently with 3 35mm fans running at 12v cooling the radiator, but a Jasper is ideal. Here is a link to a WIP I started a while back, maybe it can give you some ideas:

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=663676

Benjamin Heckendorn (Ben Heck) also built a liquid cooling system for his first Xbox 360 laptop:

http://benheck.com/x...laptop-original

Edited by Bandit5317, 11 March 2009 - 10:37 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users