Photo

How To Ftp Updated Rosters To Nhl 2k(3)?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jecko70

jecko70

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 02:41 PM

I just recently got NHL 2k3 from Gamestop for a few coins and I like it quite a lot compared to the crappy EA outings. However the goalies are way too good and I also want to update the rosters. I found some promising rosters from 2006 at operationsports.com, but can't figure out how to install them. My Xbox is modded so I have a FTP connection - I found the right save game in E:/UDATA and even saved first a custom roster in the game with the same name as the one I'm going to upload, but when I upload the rosters NHL 2k3 can't find any custom rosters on the hard drive.

Can anyone give me a step-by-step guide how to update the rosters in NHL 2k3 (or any other NHL 2k-game as the procedure might be the same)? Shouldn't this be possible without Action Replay or am I without luck (i.e. I have to find a Action Replay tool somewhere?)?

Edited by jecko70, 11 March 2009 - 02:42 PM.

#2 jecko70

jecko70

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 09:48 AM

Ok - I figured it out. I only uploaded the roster file to the right folder and not the save*.dbx (or something similar). Now the rosters are visible in the load screen, but NHL 2k3 can't open them. The game is PAL, so that must be the reason.

Are there any PAL rosters floating around on the internet since I'm just too lazy to edit the goalies in-game so can someone post PAL rosters where the goalies "Anticipation, Reflexes and Vision" are down by 35 points smile.gif ?

#3 daflyboys

daflyboys

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 06:41 PM

I was a huge NHL2K3 fan. I still have the game, but it's the NTSC ver. The rosters that you grabbed were probably mine (daflyboys2k3 , also my AIM name). If you can still get Finn's editor you should be able to globally edit goalies (a much needed tweak.... also consider modding their heighth and weight a bit) as long as the editor can handle the PAL version. Hit me up on AIM if you can't find the editor, I may still have it.

#4 jecko70

jecko70

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 04:28 PM

QUOTE(daflyboys @ Mar 19 2009, 08:17 PM) View Post

If you can still get Finn's editor you should be able to globally edit goalies (a much needed tweak.... also consider modding their heighth and weight a bit) as long as the editor can handle the PAL version.

Unfortunately Finn's Editor doesn't handle the PAL version so I was out of luck, however I quickly changed in the game all goalies' anticipation, reflexes and vision to "zero" (bar is now empty, around 60 points) and goalscoring is now possible. Lovely game!

But still, if someone has newer PAL-rosters feel free to share them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users