4 replies to this topic

#1 Slugg0

Slugg0

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 08:06 PM

Hi.

I'm not sure if this is the right sub- forum, please correct me if it isn't.

I just started up my old Xbox(1) and updated it with some new films (I've got some homemade movies, videos, etc.), onto it. I already have both movies and games (backups) saved on the hard drive in the box and it has always worked for me before, without hickups.

-Now, overnight, I had it recieving a few files through FlashFXP.
When I started the box right now, there doesn't seem to exist any games or films on the harddrive... Program, etc. remains, but the game- and film- folders are empty ...!?!?

Before I loaded up the new movies to the box I had around 89 GB left on it. Now I have 33 (Although it should be more left than before, if the games are gone )?!?!?!?

What should I do ???!!

//
Leffe

#2 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 11 March 2009 - 08:41 PM

How big is your disk? How did you format it? If your partition is >256GB and you didn't use XBPartitioner 1.1 to format it then that's your problem. You'll need to reformat your partition with XBPartitioner 1.1 and restore your files from backups. If you don't have backups then Photorec might be able to help you recover some of your files from your hard drive, but obviously you'd need to do that before you reformat!

#3 Slugg0

Slugg0

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 12:39 AM

QUOTE(Heimdall @ Mar 11 2009, 09:17 PM) View Post

How big is your disk? How did you format it? If your partition is >256GB and you didn't use XBPartitioner 1.1 to format it then that's your problem. You'll need to reformat your partition with XBPartitioner 1.1 and restore your files from backups. If you don't have backups then Photorec might be able to help you recover some of your files from your hard drive, but obviously you'd need to do that before you reformat!

I don't think that's the problem.. -I didn't format the drive now, just loaded som more files onto it. The drive hasn't been formatted since I bought it a few years ago.
Today I browsed the harddrive via MXM (Media X Menu), and with that, I could see the games again. Not the films, though.
I think I need to get a bootdisc. -One that doesn't format the drive... -Anyone know where I could find one?

#4 xyteam

xyteam

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 12:45 AM

is your xbox sotmodded or chipped and do you not have amain dash at all to browse files?

#5 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 14 March 2009 - 03:23 AM

QUOTE(Slugg0 @ Mar 13 2009, 12:15 AM) View Post

I don't think that's the problem.. -I didn't format the drive now, just loaded som more files onto it. The drive hasn't been formatted since I bought it a few years ago.

I didn't say you'd formatted it now!! It doesn't matter when you formatted it, if it's >256GB and you didn't use XBPartitioner 1.1 then you get corruption if you put more than 256GB on the disk!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users