Photo

How To Replace My Bad Samsung With My New Benq Drive!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Hellsgremlin

Hellsgremlin

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 02:16 AM

Hello,
I am looking for a tutorial On how to Spoof My BRAND NEW BENQ Drive To Work In My Xbox 360 that Came with a Samsung. I would Like to Do this In Jungleflasher Because I have Bricked 3 Drives Using Thw FWtoolbox........Please Be specific about what Firmware i should be loading.....I dont Quite Understand How Spoofing Works so im a bit Lost....

When you Spoof a Drive Do you, basicly Flash it with the Drive you want to replace it with's firm ware???

For Example.

I want My benQ to Work In My samsung based consol. Do I Flash The Samsung Firmware On to the Drive with my samsung key? Or is it Benq Firmware with a samsung key......i ask this because i get confused on which firmware i should be using, even if you dont feel like writing a step by step process could somone explain what spoofing the drive actualy does. As if i Know what is happining I will better understand how to do things.

#2 crs

crs

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 108 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 02:31 AM

QUOTE(Hellsgremlin @ Mar 15 2009, 02:52 AM) View Post
When you Spoof a Drive Do you, basicly Flash it with the Drive you want to replace it with's firm ware???
For Example.

I want My benQ to Work In My samsung based consol. Do I Flash The Samsung Firmware On to the Drive with my samsung key? Or is it Benq Firmware with a samsung key......i ask this because i get confused on which firmware i should be using, even if you dont feel like writing a step by step process could somone explain what spoofing the drive actualy does. As if i Know what is happining I will better understand how to do things.

No, you flash a drive only with firmware belonging to that specific drive, otherwise it won't work. For a BenQ drive, you flash BenQ firmware, even if you are going to spoof it.

Spoofing only involves changing the drive ID string, so that the drive reports as a different drive than what it really is. That and the key from the drive you are replacing, is all that is needed.

#3 Hellsgremlin

Hellsgremlin

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 02:59 AM

QUOTE(crs @ Mar 14 2009, 09:07 PM) View Post

No, you flash a drive only with firmware belonging to that specific drive, otherwise it won't work. For a BenQ drive, you flash BenQ firmware, even if you are going to spoof it.

Spoofing only involves changing the drive ID string, so that the drive reports as a different drive than what it really is. That and the key from the drive you are replacing, is all that is needed.

Would You Mind A breif Explination On How to Get and Flash the proper String ID's....Can this be done Using Jungleflasher and Do or will i need ANY samsung Firmware at all for anything?....i hate to be a pain but i have been more than detirmined to get me a working Xbox considering i had 4 b4 today......Im in idiot for continuing to try but all i really want is One working Box. Or anyone for that matter? i have not found spoofing instructions anyware specific to my switch.....some opposite but no Replacing sam with Ben!

#4 crs

crs

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 108 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 03:21 AM

You have your original unhacked Samsung firmware? In the FirmwareTool 32 section of JF, load it as source. As target, load the Benq 1.51 iXtreme firmware. Click "Spoof Source to Target". Now either flash your BenQ with this, or save the target firmware and flash with other tools (dosflash etc).

#5 Hellsgremlin

Hellsgremlin

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 03:47 AM

QUOTE(crs @ Mar 14 2009, 09:57 PM) View Post

You have your original unhacked Samsung firmware? In the FirmwareTool 32 section of JF, load it as source. As target, load the Benq 1.51 iXtreme firmware. Click "Spoof Source to Target". Now either flash your BenQ with this, or save the target firmware and flash with other tools (dosflash etc).

Am i screwed Withought it?...I dont have the original Unhacked software. is there any download source for this? or prehaps another program that includes it?

#6 crs

crs

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 108 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 03:56 AM

You're not screwed, far from it. You can also load a hacked dump of your broke Samsung drive. If you don't have that either, but just the key (if you don't have the key, THEN you're screwed), you can use Manual Spoofing instead. Load BenQ 1.51 iXtreme as source, select Manual Spoofing, enter your key and select the Samsung model you want to spoof, and then OK. Your firmware is ready to be flashed.

#7 uradodah

uradodah

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 105 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 15 March 2009 - 05:51 AM

See this post:

http://forums.xbox-s...&...t&p=4451251

I currently have a Hitachi 47 drive and am getting a new BenQ replacement due to drive noise. It's the same situation you're in (as far as spoofing) - with the exception of the drives being replaced.

The link above provides exact quotes from a 'senior' member of the board who definitely knows what he's doing.

The bottom line is - use Firmtool to create your spoofed f/w (for the new BenQ) and then use Dosflash32 to flash the f/w to the BenQ. It doesn't matter what f/w is already on the BenQ because you're going to erase it anyway...as you'll see after clicking on the link.

Dosflash32 was the way I was going to do it and I was happy to get confirmation by someone who's been doing this for awhile. With Dosflash32, unless you actually, physically fry the BenQ drive, you can't brick it. Dosflash32 will always be able to access your drive regardless of a bad flash, etc.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

Edited by uradodah, 15 March 2009 - 05:53 AM.

#8 Elitegamer2009

Elitegamer2009

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 04:36 AM

Ok i am new to this and been trying to replace my bad samsung dvd drive that doesnt read games anymore with a benq.

I been reading forums for days on how to do this correctly. From what i been reading it everyone tells you how to flash just for a samsung or benq but not from samsung to benq.

So all i have to do is get the key from the samsung then spoof it to the benq firmware correct?

#9 Haygar

Haygar

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 471 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 01 May 2010 - 12:42 AM

QUOTE(Elitegamer2009 @ Apr 30 2010, 01:36 PM) View Post

Ok i am new to this and been trying to replace my bad samsung dvd drive that doesnt read games anymore with a benq.

I been reading forums for days on how to do this correctly. From what i been reading it everyone tells you how to flash just for a samsung or benq but not from samsung to benq.

So all i have to do is get the key from the samsung then spoof it to the benq firmware correct?

Yes, and as of the fall '09 update you don't need to spoof/trick your console into thinking it still has the samsung drive in it, just inject your key into your benq firmware and flash.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users