30 replies to this topic

#1 Shareef187

Shareef187

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 116 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 05:09 AM

Ok, so lets just say I know how to flash Liteons using JF, Iprep, and even Dosflash. At this point, I cannot even get Dosflash to recognize there is any drive on the SATA port that I'm using, let alone get l-o-eras to eras it for flashing.

Any last resort things I can try at this point, or is it completely bunked and needs to be replaced?

#2 syntaxerror329

syntaxerror329

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,330 posts
  • Interests:Mountain Biking, Downhill Skiing, Xbox Mod Chips, Xbox Repair, Wiikey, ARGON, D2pro, XBOX360,
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.1 (opus)

Posted 15 March 2009 - 05:19 AM

Hook another lite-on up to your set-up to verify all your computer hardware is working correctly.
Sure hope you got the key before this problem happened.

#3 akujiki

akujiki

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 05:22 AM

Try a different SATA port. Mine did the same, just switched the SATA port and it worked.

#4 MAFox2u

MAFox2u

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 10:25 AM

Mine seemed to be bricked as well. DosFlash at first would not even recognize the drive. The fix involved having the correct hardware setup, and power on-off sequence. My procedure to fix is as follows:

1. Be sure drive is in half open state, pin 3 still removed, sata cable from PC to Lite-on drive connected, all drives removed except the Lite-on, and power off for both PC and Xbox 360.

2. Power on PC and boot to Dosflash.

3. Change directory to Dosflash and type Dosflash. Before you press enter, turn on Xbox 360. Then press enter.

4. When it asks to poll the drive, choose No.

4. Note Drive number and choose that drive number.

5. Type Liteon E, not (E). Erase should complete successfully.

6. Run DosFlash again. This time choose Yes to polling.

7. Turn 360 off and on immediately. Poll should instantly find the firmware to a code of 0x72.

8. Chose drive number and select (W) and type in the name of the binary you wish to flash (mine was hacked.bin). Note that all 4 banks are written to, and a checksum is generated.

9. Power off both. Replace 3 pin out power cable with original, and sata data cable from xbox. Put drive back together (still half open), and power xbox 360 on normally. Xbox should behave normally, but now play backups.

10. Done.

Edited by MAFox2u, 15 March 2009 - 10:40 AM.

#5 SAMOSA

SAMOSA

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 15 March 2009 - 12:04 PM

i thought i bricked my liteon, but trust me do it through dosflash, it's simple and quick, i found jungleflash a pain, when it got to the point where i needed to erase my drive.

ensure you also have l-o-eras.exe

when in dos type in

CODE
C:\>l-o-eras XXXX (XXXX being your sata port number)

it will then return

Status FF72

If you get a different value retry the method a few times, if it still fails turn the chip off and on and try a few more times.

once you get FF72. type in

CODE
C:\>Dosflash

it will bring up a list of options for all drive connected via the ports, select your drive and press enter. it will ask you what you want to do, type in

liteon e

once the message " Erasing finished" type in dosflash again and select the same drive number. this time you want to type "w"

it will ask you for the firmware name, type it as it is. i.e lite_cfw.bin. it will first start to erase then it will start writing and give back a checksum value, at this point your drive will comeback to life when pressing eject button. Disconnect drive and pop it into 360 with a back up game and vola your playing backups.

feel free to pm me if you need more help.

p.s you may need to leave the drive half open, i cannot remember if i did this while doing the above. please not above was done using the CK3 Kit.

Edited by SAMOSA, 15 March 2009 - 12:18 PM.

#6 Shareef187

Shareef187

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 116 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 05:33 PM

QUOTE(syntaxerror329 @ Mar 15 2009, 05:55 AM) View Post

Hook another lite-on up to your set-up to verify all your computer hardware is working correctly.
Sure hope you got the key before this problem happened.

I have done this, and was able to flash the other Lite-on no problem, and yes I got the drive keys.

QUOTE(akujiki @ Mar 15 2009, 05:58 AM) View Post

Try a different SATA port. Mine did the same, just switched the SATA port and it worked.

I'll give this a try, thanks. I actually already tried with 1 other SATA port off of my mobo, but I'll try another port as well.

QUOTE(MAFox2u @ Mar 15 2009, 11:01 AM) View Post

Mine seemed to be bricked as well. DosFlash at first would not even recognize the drive. The fix involved having the correct hardware setup, and power on-off sequence. My procedure to fix is as follows:

1. Be sure drive is in half open state, pin 3 still removed, sata cable from PC to Lite-on drive connected, all drives removed except the Lite-on, and power off for both PC and Xbox 360.

2. Power on PC and boot to Dosflash.

3. Change directory to Dosflash and type Dosflash. Before you press enter, turn on Xbox 360. Then press enter.

4. When it asks to poll the drive, choose No.

4. Note Drive number and choose that drive number.

5. Type Liteon E, not (E). Erase should complete successfully.

6. Run DosFlash again. This time choose Yes to polling.

7. Turn 360 off and on immediately. Poll should instantly find the firmware to a code of 0x72.

8. Chose drive number and select (W) and type in the name of the binary you wish to flash (mine was hacked.bin). Note that all 4 banks are written to, and a checksum is generated.

9. Power off both. Replace 3 pin out power cable with original, and sata data cable from xbox. Put drive back together (still half open), and power xbox 360 on normally. Xbox should behave normally, but now play backups.

10. Done.

Hmmm, I thought the half open state was only necessary for getting the drive key information. I suppose I could give that a try. Also, what did you mean by having pin 3 removed? Never heard of that before.

QUOTE(SAMOSA @ Mar 15 2009, 12:40 PM) View Post

i thought i bricked my liteon, but trust me do it through dosflash, it's simple and quick, i found jungleflash a pain, when it got to the point where i needed to erase my drive.

ensure you also have l-o-eras.exe

when in dos type in

CODE
C:\>l-o-eras XXXX (XXXX being your sata port number)

it will then return

Status FF72

If you get a different value retry the method a few times, if it still fails turn the chip off and on and try a few more times.

once you get FF72. type in

CODE
C:\>Dosflash

it will bring up a list of options for all drive connected via the ports, select your drive and press enter. it will ask you what you want to do, type in

liteon e

once the message " Erasing finished" type in dosflash again and select the same drive number. this time you want to type "w"

it will ask you for the firmware name, type it as it is. i.e lite_cfw.bin. it will first start to erase then it will start writing and give back a checksum value, at this point your drive will comeback to life when pressing eject button. Disconnect drive and pop it into 360 with a back up game and vola your playing backups.

feel free to pm me if you need more help.
p.s you may need to leave the drive half open, i cannot remember if i did this while doing the above. please not above was done using the CK3 Kit.

Yep, I definitely was attempting the "l-o-eras xxxx" with the correct sata port, but I'll try the above suggestions.

Thanks for the responses everyone, will report back if there's any success. Cheers.

Edited by Shareef187, 15 March 2009 - 05:35 PM.

#7 Shareef187

Shareef187

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 116 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 06:23 AM

So I've got an update on the situation. I've managed to successfully get JF to erase the Liteon and then flash it, but now when I turn on the console, the green power light continuously blinks. When I attempt to eject the tray, it ejects, but then immediately pulls the tray back in. If I manage to get a disc in the tray before it closes, then it does not actually read the disc.

Anyone have any ideas? The only thing I can think of is that the dummy.bin file does not contain the drive serial information. If I was to manage to add that info to the firmware, is there any possibility that could help? I'm guessing no uhh.gif

Edit: I have now tried doing the dos based flashing method. I successfully was able to eras with l-o-eras, and then do a liteon erase in dosflash followed by writing the firmware, but the same symptoms occur afterwards.

Edited by Shareef187, 18 March 2009 - 06:38 AM.

#8 shadowth

shadowth

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 18 March 2009 - 06:42 AM

Now that you got JF to erase and flash, try dumping the key again and comparing it with the one you extracted earlier. Do they match?

#9 Shareef187

Shareef187

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 116 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 07:37 AM

QUOTE(shadowth @ Mar 18 2009, 07:18 AM) View Post

Now that you got JF to erase and flash, try dumping the key again and comparing it with the one you extracted earlier. Do they match?

Yes, they do.

Furthermore, I have tried adding the drive serial info, and that didn't help. I have also tried flashing another Liteon with this firmware to attempt using that as a replacement, and the same symptoms occur. Finally, I've tried flashing using the old copy of the 1.50 firmware that I had originally flashed this drive with, and still same problem.

I'm almost thinking the problem is with the 360, not the drive... but how could that be? It worked fine up until attempting to update the drive to 1.51.

I'm completely lost. The only other thing I can think of is to try replacing the drive with another kind of drive, but I think there's a 99.99999% chance that won't work.

Edited by Shareef187, 18 March 2009 - 07:38 AM.

#10 Shareef187

Shareef187

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 116 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 11:36 PM

New update: I tried spoofing a Samsung to swap into the console, and I got an E65 error.

Am I totally screwed here, or what?

#11 flash360

flash360

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 19 March 2009 - 12:48 AM

Do you get a warning when opening the dummy file with jf? Have you tried making a fresh dummy with your key, identify + inquiry and then using dsdbfixer to put in the opt serial ect?

#12 dalagr

dalagr

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts
  • Interests:JTAGGGIINNNGGGG LOVE IT, LOL. Currently got 4 jtags running here :)
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 19 March 2009 - 01:01 AM

Make sure you jsut use your dummy.bin to patch the ix151.bin and not flash the dummy.bun got this exact problem on my first attempt

good Luck smile.gif

#13 pricemeista33

pricemeista33

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 555 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 19 March 2009 - 02:24 AM

QUOTE(Shareef187 @ Mar 19 2009, 12:12 AM) View Post

New update: I tried spoofing a Samsung to swap into the console, and I got an E65 error.

Am I totally screwed here, or what?

Hey Sahreef,
I had the exact same problem and I downloaded Giampy's Dummy Bin Fixer program and input all of your serial/ drive information into it. It worked great for me as all of my information was scrambled somehow. I truly believe that this is what has happened to you as well. What flash device are you using ie., Extractor, Maximus Probe or what?

#14 Shareef187

Shareef187

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 116 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 06:10 AM

QUOTE(flash360 @ Mar 19 2009, 01:24 AM) View Post

Do you get a warning when opening the dummy file with jf? Have you tried making a fresh dummy with your key, identify + inquiry and then using dsdbfixer to put in the opt serial ect?

Yeah, originally I was getting the error in JF, but I was ignoring it because I figured it wouldn't really make any difference, but I've since used DSDBFixer to get all the correct info in, and yes, it reports that all the info is valid.

QUOTE(dalagr @ Mar 19 2009, 01:37 AM) View Post

Make sure you jsut use your dummy.bin to patch the ix151.bin and not flash the dummy.bun got this exact problem on my first attempt

good Luck smile.gif

Yes, I'm using the Dummy.bin to patch the 1.51 firmware.

QUOTE(pricemeista33 @ Mar 19 2009, 03:00 AM) View Post

Hey Sahreef,
I had the exact same problem and I downloaded Giampy's Dummy Bin Fixer program and input all of your serial/ drive information into it. It worked great for me as all of my information was scrambled somehow. I truly believe that this is what has happened to you as well. What flash device are you using ie., Extractor, Maximus Probe or what?

Yeah, like I said above, I used Giampy's tool to input all the serial drive info, and I'm using a Maximus Xtractor + spear (although the spear is not required for simply flashing)

Here's the real screwy thing. Like I said, I attempted flashing the drive using a backup of the hacked firmware that I had flashed this with back when iXtreme 1.5 just came out, and even that doesn't work. I think there's something wrong with the console itself, but that doesn't make much sense either, because it worked fine up until updating to 1.51.

A couple other details: when the DVD drive is in the Xbox 360, and I attempt to eject, it will eject and then close immediately. When I eject using the Xtractor, it ejects and stays open.

Edited by Shareef187, 19 March 2009 - 06:12 AM.

#15 Shareef187

Shareef187

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 116 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 07:52 AM

Hey guys, I'm at my last resort for this console. I've been trying to figure this out for about 2 weeks, and I'm all out of options, so I'm hoping that somebody might be able to provide some suggestion that I cannot think of. This is actually the very same issue that I was discussing in thread: http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=679665 . I apologize for bad forum etiquette for creating a new thread, but I am just about to give up on this one, and am getting a little desperate.

Here's the run down:

On Dec 24'th I flashed this console with iXtreme 1.5 using a Maximus Xtractor, using the Xtractor Reader 2.7 to grab the key, inquiry, identify (which we all know now does not contain all the drive info), and used Jungleflasher 0.26 to create and flash the firmware. I kept the files as a backup (and provided a copy to the owner).

About 2 weeks back I was asked to update to 1.51 by the owner of this console. Using the backed up files, I created the 1.51 iXtreme firmware, and flashed the drive. Unfortunately it did not work. The console does the following:
-When booting the console, the green power light in the middle continuously blinks.
-Pressing eject causes the tray to eject, and then it immediately reinserts.
-If I manage to place a game disc in the tray during the drive eject/reinsert, it does not recognize the game.
-When I shut off the console, the drive always ejects.

Thinking that possibly the missing drive info could be the cause, I found Giampy's Dummy Bin Fixer program "DSDBFixer" and used it to add in the missing info, and the analysis indicates the new dummy file should be ok, but when I use it to create a hacked firmware file, the same issue above occurs.

I've tried replacing the Lite-on drive itself with another Lite-on drive that I have, and the same thing occurs. I've tried replacing it with a Samsung drive and I get an E65 error. I've tried replacing with a BenQ drive, and I experience similar behavior to the Lite-on's. Of course, I've done all the required spoofing in all of the above mentioned scenarios.

I've tried using Dosflash.

I've redumped the drive info after flashing to verify the flashing itself is correct.

I've successfully flashed several consoles since, so it's not a hardware/software issue.

The only thing I can think of is that the console itself somehow became bunked, but nothing has been done to it.

Is there anything else that I can do?

Edited by Shareef187, 27 March 2009 - 07:54 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users