#1 geodeath

geodeath

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 11:49 PM

Hi all.
I would like to play some games with system link with a buddy of mine that lives near me.
Here is the catch, we cant do it through internet because he doesnt have an internet connection.
However, we are both connected on a wireless network that covers most of the city, where pings are very low and speeds are good. My problem is finding out how to make them connect though. For reference, here is how my computer & xbox is setup:

MY PC ---->
XBOX 360 -----> all connected to my adsl router so that all devices can have internet and wireless access
WIRELESS AP ->

I setup the router so it resolves both the 192.X.X.X addresses and the 10.122.X.X addresses that are of the wireless network. So, i can ping any computer on the wireless network from my pc and the originating ip of the ping will be the wireless ap, similarly to how pinging someone on the internet works with the adsl router.

Now, my friend has the very same connection type as above, just without the internet connection.
Now, given that the ethernet addresses of all the networked stuff (pc, xbox) are of the 192.168 type and not of the wireless 10.122 type, i cant just give a 10.122 type of address to both of the xboxes. Since all the inter-network stuff is happening at the router using a static route, how could i possibly configure the xbox consoles so that they can both look at each other for system link?

for reference, the wireless AP is just an old pc running mikrotik smile.gif

If you think you can help me with that it will be great. I considered using a vpn, but i think this will only work for the pc actually connected and not for the xbox consoles. smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users