• Admin
  • 5,201 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 16 March 2009 - 06:12 AM

MS getting the Community involved in E3 this year; Huge booth
Posted by XanTium | March 16 00:12 EST | News Category: Xbox360

From giantgamer.wordpress.com:

While listening to Major Nelson's (Microsoft's own Director of Programming for Xbox Live, Larry Hryb) podcast for today, Major Nelson announced some very interesting news [about E3 2009].

Major Nelson stated:
"I can't say much but I will say this; part of the Xbox Experience is Xbox Live, and part of Xbox Live is the community. The community will definitely play a role in this."

In response to Major Nelson, "e" stated:
"We're gonna try and get the community involved in E3 this year."

Major Nelson also talked about Microsoft's booth:
"I've seen that picture of our booth, its gonna be HUGE."

Full Story: giantgamer.wordpress.com | majornelson.com

#2 bucko

bucko

Super Moderator

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,997 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 16 March 2009 - 03:16 PM

Can the community take booth girls to lighten the place up a bit...tbh I think E3 is only good when new consoles or something launches...not another guitar hero game or what ever.

#3 Steve-0

Steve-0

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts
  • Interests:putting blue 3mm led's in things that doesn't already have them, cutting holes, oooh oooh and plexi.
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 16 March 2009 - 03:49 PM

i heard in home that sony was gnna show all their stuff on the big screens in the cinema and the video walls in the bowling alley possibly in the tv's in your personal space, so M$ could be showcasing on the spotlight section that would be great if they did.

#4 hyfall381

hyfall381

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 602 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 17 March 2009 - 09:38 PM

this sounds cool.. getting the Community involved this year. but i think i remember last year reading how E3, or something similar, was pretty 'weak'. i believe this was due to a few reasons, but especially the economy. i bet getting the 'Community' involved will be beneficial.

#5 MrFish

MrFish

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 369 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 18 March 2009 - 12:07 AM

E3 isn't open to the public, and hasn't been for the past two years.

Any involvement by the 'community' will be a token gesture, nothing more.

Dirty little secret: the industry doesn't give a flying fuck about consumers; you're just a bunch of braindead sheeple that watch adverts and buy crap games and keep everyone in jobs and DVDRs.

#6 trentdadi

trentdadi

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 12:19 AM

@ MrFish I thought I heard something on G4 a while back saying this year's E3 was going to be open to the public. This statement from MS kind of tells me the same... Also just because I buy a crap game and once in a while I will watch an advert does not mean I am brain_dead, nor do I feel anyone else is brain dead for that matter.

If the industry did not care, the industry would not currently exist...

I am with Bucko, there really hasn't been enough going on at E3 to warrant any excitement, hopefully other companies will follow Microsoft's lead and pump some life back into E3 and get people excited about it again.

Edited by trentdadi, 18 March 2009 - 12:38 AM.

#7 Steve-0

Steve-0

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts
  • Interests:putting blue 3mm led's in things that doesn't already have them, cutting holes, oooh oooh and plexi.
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 18 March 2009 - 08:01 PM

im hoping sony come through with what they said, same with M$ if they can get us involved in anyway it will be worth it. and i may be a braindead sheeple that watches adverts and buys crap games and keeps everyone in jobs and DVDRs but without the sheeples like me there would be no money to make the good games!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users