Use firmware toolbox 4.8

Basically
1) Get key of original drive (Lite-On Phillips) ---- 360xtractor or usee rs232
2)Dump your MS28
3)replace MS28 key with lite-on Key
4)convert to IX14
5) spoof drive using CUSTOM Setting --- lite-on select custom use inquiry.bin
6) flash new drive---- use iprep, mtkflash, or dosflash 1.6

If you have a 360xtractor tool and a legacy SATA mainboard (intel chipset)
1) DUMP Samsung orig.bin
2) convert to IX14
3) get 3 files using xtractor software
4) spoof (self explanitory in xtractor software)
5) flash Samsung with new file

If you have a 360xtractor tool and a NON-legacy SATA mainboard (intel chipset) (basically Via card)
1) DUMP Samsung orig.bin
2) convert to IX14
3) Using DVDkey32 get key.bin and inquiry.bin
4) Open Key.bin in hexeditor and write down keys
5) replace MS28 key with lite-on Key with FW toolbox 4.8
6) Convert Samsung to IX14
7) Spoof drive using CUSTOM Setting (fw toolbox) --- lite-on select custom use inquiry.bin
8) flash new drive---- use iprep, mtkflash, or dosflash 1.6

Looking for a little guidance and hopefully can help others in the process. I got a Sammy ms25 and ms 28 drive that I want to put into my 360 that no longer has the Liteon drive.
I don't have the option to go back to the Lite on drive, because it's gone. I got all of the files from the Lite-on via Xtractor(inquiry.bin, dummy.bin, key.bin, identify.bin and serial.bin). Otherwise I would just flash the liteon drive. I want to flash to ix1.5 and it seems that the tools are not as cooperative as they were when I flashed my sammy a long time ago(Iprep 8.8 to be exact). I have the via 8237 chipset and it worked very well on my other flashes, which were mostly hitachi and a couple benq and samsungs. So here are my questions:

I've flashed several drives in the past but never spoofed one. First thing I need is a MS25 / MS28 dump of SAM-OFW.bin correct?
Do I have to convert to ix1.4 before I do the ix1.5 step?

I used the method described in the beta.ivancouver link(below). I have the firmware with the key injected and spoofed via the inquiry spoof method. I just need to flash it to a drive.
I am using the CK3 kit to power and plug the sammy drive into the PC. I used xb!|\|$ for programs, but couldn't find standalone dosflash or mtkflash.
-I tried Iprep, I just get invalid firmware message.
-I don't want to use jungleflash, because every time I power up the Samsung drive in windows, XP freezes and I have to shut it down.
-I am looking at DOSFLASH or MTKFLASH as my flash method. Dosflash looks good, but again I am having trouble with the drive freezing my PC(when it's used in windows)
-MTKFLASH is another method I am looking at. Do I need to get a particular copy of it for it to work on my PC? With MTKflash you just put it on a windows floppy startup and run it correct? Is there a good guide that I am missing?

Your helpful comments and insight are appreciated.

I'm using these for reference:
http://team-xecuter....ck3/samsung.htm]http://team-xecuter.com/ck3/samsung.htm
http://beta.ivancove...D2S_Extract_Key

#2 kaneda_77

kaneda_77

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.1 (opus)

Posted 18 March 2009 - 06:50 PM

Samsungs don't seem to be fairing well in the latest wave of flashing. Anyone out there spoof a samsung or have some suggestions as to how they got theirs to work?

I hope to make a good write-up for anyone in the future doing this.

Going to give Frosty's disc a shot. His tools worked wonders on the first gen xbox....

Edited by kaneda_77, 18 March 2009 - 06:44 PM.

#3 kaneda_77

kaneda_77

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 06:06 PM

One question for you guys. Is there a way to tell via the hardware on whether a Samsung drive is ms28 or ms25? The label on my drive is gone and I am pretty sure it's a ms25, but would like to confirm.

Thanks

#4 kaneda_77

kaneda_77

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 10:09 PM

Hi Kaneda.... nice to meet you... bump.

lol

#5 kaneda_77

kaneda_77

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 12:59 PM

I've flashed several drives in the past but never spoofed one. First thing I need is a MS25 / MS28 dump of SAM-OFW.bin correct?

NO, no dump is needed.

Do I have to convert to ix1.4 before I do the ix1.5 step?

NO, you can flash directly to ix1.5
-I don't want to use jungleflash, because every time I power up the Samsung drive in windows, XP freezes and I have to shut it down.

I ended up using jungle flasher and solved my freezing issue. Here are the steps that I used to get it working.
I have an onboard via VT8237 / VT6420 chipset on my mobo, so I updated them on VIAARENA. Get the latest drivers, it helps. The next thing I knew, my PC wasn't freezing(when I unplugged and plugged the drive back in). It also didn't have trouble booting after I updated the drivers(with the sammy attached). I am using the CK3 kit to power the drive.

1) Get key of original drive (Lite-On Phillips) ---- 360xtractor or usee rs232
2) Get ix15 from the normal place
3) Use Firmware Toolbox 4.8 to spoof the firmware via the custom/inquiry.bin method
4) Insert the key of the Liteon drive
5) Get jungle flasher and prepare to flash
6) eject tray, power the drive off and push it halfway back in
7) Power the drive back in
8) Select the firmware that you made with Toolbox as your "target firmware" in JF
9) Select the MTKflash tab in JF(ignore the message about no source FW)
10) Hit the unlock samsung drive button(check to see if the drive is showing up in JF on the bottom left)
11) If everything is successful and you dont get an error, select the flash button
12) You should see it erasing and flashing bank 0 and 1

#6 I Bac0n I

I Bac0n I

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 198 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 21 March 2009 - 03:47 PM

Here is what i did, and it took no time at all.

1)Download jungleflasher 0.1.51
2)Download samsung iXtreme 1.51
3)Open your lite-on's dummy.bin as the source F/W in JF
4)Click no on auto load
5)Load the samsung iXtreme at target firmware and click spoof source to target
6)Click save to file and save it
7)Go to the MTKflash32tab
8)Select the port of your samsung drive, click sammy unlock
9)if it doesnt go into vendor mode then you have a MS28 drive, so follow the instructions on power cycling
10)When it has a good flash status click write
11)Wait until its done and let it verify
12)Put into xbox and see if it works.

#7 kaneda_77

kaneda_77

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 08:02 PM

Does doing it that way make it live safe? I thought spoofing a lite-on required a more careful injection of the key.

#8 Kyle009

Kyle009

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 22 March 2009 - 07:24 PM

If i don't have my original lite-on drive can i get my key from my spoofed samsung drive?

#9 kaneda_77

kaneda_77

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 01:03 AM

QUOTE(Kyle009 @ Mar 22 2009, 09:00 AM) View Post

If i don't have my original lite-on drive can i get my key from my spoofed samsung drive?

Yes, dump it and use firmware toolbox to see the key. SAVE IT in like 5 locations!

#10 kaneda_77

kaneda_77

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 05:57 AM

Yes you should be able to get it from your spoofed sammy. Shouldn't you have the firmware that you dumped originally? I kept mine in like 5 locations. Anyway, if you can dump it you can get the key no prob.

I am a little unsure about the process of re-flashing an already spoofed drive. ie an upgrade from ixtreme 1.5 to 1.6. Anyone have some experience with this?
My understanding is that you just "manually" flash the drive. But I am not so sure about the process.
I Bacon listed steps that look very easy to follow.
1)Hook the drive up to the PC with a SATA cable
1a)i recommend a VIA 6421A card with the drivers disabled and a connectivity kit
1b)If using the 360 to power the drive, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A VIDEO CABLE PLUGGED IN TO THE 360 SO IT DOES NOT TURN OFF
2)Power on the drive then the computer
3)Open jungleflasher and go to the MTKFlash32 Tab
4)Select your port, which should show a lite-on drive in the properties since its spoofed
5)Click "Device intro/ID" and wait for it to say good flash status and drive is in vendor mode
6)Click read
7Save the firmware as SAM_OFW.bin, do not lose this
7a)I prefer to make a folder with the last 5 digits of the serial number, and inside of that a folder with the date of which the firmware was dumped. For archiving purposes.
8)Jungle flasher should automatically go to the firmwaretool32 tab
9)Select no on auto load iXtreme
9a)Check for correct drive properties and a good key. It should say "Samsung iXtreme1.5-12X" and in bold it will say "SPOOFED AS DG-16D2S 7485"
10)Click open target firmware and navigate to the iX151-samsung.bin
11)Should show a DVD key of all 7 on the target firmware, now click spoof source to target
12)It should copy the key to the firmware and spoof it back to lite-on
13)Click save to file and name it "SAM_CFW.bin"
14)Go back to the MTKFlash32 tab and click write
15When its done verifying click Outro/ATA Reset
16)When it says done and no drive detected under drive properties power cycle the drive.
17)Put it back into the 360 and see if it works.
18)Save the jungleflasher log where you saved your SAM_OFW and SAM_CFW files, again for archiving purposes. Better to be safe than sorry.

Edited by kaneda_77, 03 May 2009 - 06:01 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users