1 reply to this topic

#1 Towelie88

Towelie88

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 03:59 PM

Hello all

Im currently trying to connect my 360 to live via my college network in my dorm room. I will post as many details below as I can.

I connect to the internet by logging into the college network with a username and password. My connection to the networks as shown below:

IPB Image

My first attempt was to put my spare second network card into my pc and bridge the connections after I had logged in. I was still able to access the internet (considerably slower than usual) on my pc after I had bridged both connections but no such luck with the 360.

I next tried ICS with the same results. With the 360's network card displaying "unidentified network" below it, with a connection test saying that it was unable to get an IP address.

IPB Image

What am I doing wrong? Any assistance would be awesome!

Would I be able to change the 360's mac address to that of my PC and log into the network directly?

Cheers

Andy

Edited by Towelie88, 18 March 2009 - 04:03 PM.

#2 ichibaka

ichibaka

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 19 March 2009 - 12:32 AM

Did you had to give your PC's MAC address to your IT department to obtain a login credential? Some campus require you to register your MAC address in order to accept a connection, like MAC filtering in modern routers. Try another PC instead of the xbox and see if it'll connect. Make sure all ip settings are set to automatic hdcp.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users